RC P-38's

I got an email flyer from a large well known seller of ammo, mags, and guns including milsurps. Their flyer stated that they are expecting a shipment of RC P38's and will be selling them at $540. I do not know if it is a small shipment just to this company or if there is a larger shipment coming into the country and will be offered by many sellers. It has been a while since some p38's came into the country. It could be an opportunity.

Does any one else know any more details?

I know the company that you speak of. I am curious to see what the quality is. The last of the Russian captures may be the bottom of the barrel. There arent many of these left to be sent over. When I know more I will pass it on.

I got the last russian capture that one of distributers had for $389 and for being the last one it was in great shape. I'm thinking that if you get a bad one from this company they will take care of you. I got a bad romanian ttc when they had them and the rep took care of it.

I got the last russian capture that one of distributers had for $389 and for being the last one it was in great shape. I'm thinking that if you get a bad one from this company they will take care of you. I got a bad romanian ttc when they had them and the rep took care of it.

When I say bottom of the barrel, I am talking in terms of when they first were imported over here. Those were some very great pistols. Usually the better ones get bought by the distributor and sent over first. What is left gets sold off later and sent over.

That was a good fact! i have done deals with the same C&R outfits you guys (know about) and they will make you Happy its no skin off there nose, they
just send it off to the next guy untill some one eats it so if your not happy just say so! and you guys that live close to pelham NH and know Terry& Bob
at the gun shop there. Ought to call those guys and check with them because they have some of those R/Cs once and a while, i bought a P-38 and a P08 Luger
and a nice K-98 Mauser all R/Cs no Tiger tanks though but you never know they had a pedistel mounted .50 cal a week ago. S.D.

There must be a big lot being released by customs. They are showing up at all of the major distributors.

Not sure if I'm being inappropriate here, but are these the same p-38's that are being offered by an MA shop in another thread for $625? If you already have a C&R I'd think a realistic price would be base + shipping + transfer fee? Is there something I don't know that makes their offer worth a $230 premium? Not trying to be a jerk or bash them, just looking for some hard information.

Mods if this post is off the mark please let me know and dispose of it accordingly.

Not sure if I'm being inappropriate here, but are these the same p-38's that are being offered by an MA shop in another thread for $625? If you already have a C&R I'd think a realistic price would be base + shipping + transfer fee? Is there something I don't know that makes their offer worth a $230 premium? Not trying to be a jerk or bash them, just looking for some hard information.

Mods if this post is off the mark please let me know and dispose of it accordingly.

The advantage of having a C&R is that you get to buy at dealer prices. Dealers might get them cheaper if you buy in large numbers. But the distributor I saw was selling them for $540. $625 is not a bad retail price when wholesale is $540 so I am not sure where the $230 figure came from.

Dont get your hopes up about the latest RC's coming in. As I said before,The best of the best RC's are already here and were imported a few years ago. Rumor has it that these were rejected in Germany and were instead imported here. These will be descent shooters and not pristine queens.Expect fair bores and pitting. When I hear more I will post it here.

The advantage of having a C&R is that you get to buy at dealer prices. Dealers might get them cheaper if you buy in large numbers. But the distributor I saw was selling them for $540. $625 is not a bad retail price when wholesale is $540 so I am not sure where the $230 figure came from.

I saw some on a web site for $389. I'm guessing they're probably not the same grade as the $540 ones are. But that's what I was trying to find out for sure. I don't know if we mention on this forum the names of distributors that will ship to C&R holders in MA. If so, I'll provide a link to their ad.

I saw some on a web site for $389. I'm guessing they're probably not the same grade as the $540 ones are. But that's what I was trying to find out for sure. I don't know if we mention on this forum the names of distributors that will ship to C&R holders in MA. If so, I'll provide a link to their ad.

Read the stickies!

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...ship-C-R-items-ammo-guns-to-C-R-holders-in-MA

FWIW... Stickies at the top of forums sections should always be read and understood before posting ANYTHING.

Last edited:

The ONLY reason why anyone would want to post the name of ANYONE who would ship to anyone in MA is so that the "Rat with the red phone" © could give that info to the AG so that they could be extorted to refuse to ship anything EVER to anyone in MA!!

These have arrived. They are all Spreewerkes. Supposedly all three external serials are matching. The locking block may or not be matching. Most, if not all are marked with the wretched Russian Capture X. For the money I would rather find an original bring back in 50-80% blueing than spend the money on these. For those that do not know, Spreewerkes are the lesser quality of the three factories that made the P38. Even in brand new form, there were heavy machining marks on these. Some people collect them for the various machine markings as they do differ from one to the other.

Last edited:
A limited number of AC41, AC42, AC43,AC44, AC45, BYF43, BYF44's have been added to the lots. I still would rather spend another $100 or $200 and get a vet bring back. I think they market these things to people that dont know any better and want a P38 and dont know the differences. If anyone here does buy one please give a report on what you get.

I know a few guys that got Walthers. The bores were dark but in over all OK condition. If it were me, for the money I would buy a bring back for the same or slightly more money. The only thing left for sale right now is Spreewerkes. These are suppose to have all outside numbers matching but the locking bloack does not match. There are deals to be had on original unmolested specimens, it takes a little patience and knowledge.

Was over at B&K's in Natick over the weekend and came across this little beauty... seemed to be in pristine condition to me.
Any details you may have on this - I am interested in knowing a bit more about its history:

Dec19.jpg

Thanks in advance

Does the Barrel and locking block match? BYF43 is a very nice pistol. Those are the same bakelite grips that are on my BYF44. Is it import marked? How is the bore? So far she is looking good. A few more details I can give you my estimate on what it is worth.

Yes they are matching. I could try and find out about the import mark, the bore is in fine condition. This is coming from someones collection and I could tell he had a very good eye based upon some of the other things he had there. Its on consignment right now and I am chomping at the bit to decide if I want to get it or let it pass.

I would pay between $700 - $850 and still be happy. Provided it was not import marked or has other issues that I dont know of from only seeing the one picture. If it is impost marked I would pay $650 -$700. More pictures would may or may not change my mind but going from what I see there. It looks like a military grade finish that has not been messed with. Usually when the paint is missing in the safety area, it is a sign of a reblue but my thinking is someone may have been a little aggresive with cleaning over the years. This is an easy fix.

I would pay between $700 - $850 and still be happy. Provided it was not import marked or has other issues that I dont know of from only seeing the one picture. If it is impost marked I would pay $650 -$700. More pictures would may or may not change my mind but going from what I see there. It looks like a military grade finish that has not been messed with. Usually when the paint is missing in the safety area, it is a sign of a reblue but my thinking is someone may have been a little aggresive with cleaning over the years. This is an easy fix.

Very very helpful. Thank you so much. I will try and find out about the import mark. +1 rep for your knowledge and kindness.
Now just to see what Santa leaves me and what I have left over after I play Santa lol

Back
Top Bottom