Rapid-fire/Mag dump?

my friend and i raced to empty 3 30 rounders each in our ar's followed by 2 10 round mags from our .40's last week at somerset gun club all 220rnds were emptied on target in under two minutes

If you don't mind the wild west atmosphere, Manchester Firing line allows it

they do have restrictions on ammo velocity

Just find a range that allows Full Auto and you should be good and as long as the shots are safe and controlled you should have no problems.

I know here in Western MA I have a few ranges I belong to and go to when I want to fire my MachineGuns or do some rapid fire drilling with some of my semi AKs or ARs, Mini14s or whatever.

As long as the range allows FA your semi rapid fire drilling should be fine as long as your not blasting around all over the place and being unsafe you should be all set.

As long as the range allows FA your semi rapid fire drilling should be fine as long as your not blasting around all over the place and being unsafe you should be all set.

Problem being,it takes only one errant round to shut down a club..It would suck to find out that every round was safe and "only a few" left the club and found their way into a few windows.

I'm talking about bump-firing,not rapid fire.

The club I am at will tolerate mag dumps. That is if your with me. LOL

I have been informed many times that the club gets noise complaints by the board of directors. This also has ended with... "What part of Rod and Gun do you not understand?"

Agreed. If you find a range with a Class 3 Full Auto area then you should be just fine.

Clearly you live on the wrong half of the state. You see...

Western MA = Lot's of guns, freedom to shoot as you will, fewer a**h***s

Eastern MA = Few guns, Fewer Freedoms, More a**h***s

So...all you have to do is move[wink]

Sorry I couldn't resist. Most of us in Western MA lie in wait for the opportunity to make someone from eastern MA feel bad about themselves. You see, we all get it shoved down our throats by the "Why do you live in MA" contingent. So, like any childish person, we look for a chance to put someone else down to feel better about ourselves.

Thanks!

Sincerely,

Your neighbors to the west.

My local club has no problem with rapid fire/mag dumps. We've also got a class III range in case you're worried about going over the berm on the other ranges. And there are no dedicated ROs; We police ourselves.

Western MA = Lot's of guns, freedom to shoot as you will, fewer a**h***s

Eastern MA = Few guns, Fewer Freedoms, More a**h***s

Hey, you forgot us folks in Central MA.

Central MA = Some guns, some freedom, just the right amount of a**h***s. [wink]

I have this visual of G*d stirring the pot, lifting the ladle to his lips as Mrs. G*d says, "Honey, don't you think the Central Mass Stew needs another dash of a**h***?" G*d just shakes his head and says, "No Martha, (that's Mrs. G*d's name) it's just perfect as is."

Sorry I couldn't resist. Most of us in Western MA lie in wait for the opportunity to make someone from eastern MA feel bad about themselves. You see, we all get it shoved down our throats by the "Why do you live in MA" contingent. So, like any childish person, we look for a chance to put someone else down to feel better about ourselves.

Thanks!

Sincerely,

Your neighbors to the west.

I knew there was a reason I liked you. [wink]

Hey, you forgot us folks in Central MA.

Right on brother. I try my best to keep the a**h*** ratio equivilent. Sometimes I'm an ass, sometimes I'm not. [smile]

I have this visual of G*d stirring the pot, lifting the ladle to his lips as Mrs. G*d says, "Honey, don't you think the Central Mass Stew needs another dash of a**h***?" G*d just shakes his head and says, "No Martha, (that's Mrs. G*d's name) it's just perfect as is."

[rofl]

I unloaded a few magazines as fast as I could, but it was in my backyard.... ammo beats a shovel for digging holes, just mind the feet.

Truthfully, if we could find jobs that pay our current salaries somewhere out in the western part of the state, we'd love to live out there. Fortunately, the general attitude in our neck of the east (Wakefield) seems to be pretty much in line with Western MA from what I've seen.

We actually need to head out to Pittsfield again soon.

The Westford Sportsmen's Club, In Westford, MA has no rules on the rate of fire as long as you are safe and all of the rounds hit the berm. I know because I am The Outdoor Range chairman and I wrote the Range Rules

Find another club. There are tons of clubs in MA without absurd rules on rate of fire, number of rounds in your magazine, etc.

-Mike

I have never had an issue at Ames R&P in Easton.

in fact, there is typically a group that comes down on Sundays and fire up the full autos.

I think that "controled" is the key word. Obviously anyone that is caught doing rapid fire in an unsafe manner, may be asked to leave.

The Westford Sportsmen's Club, In Westford, MA has no rules on the rate of fire as long as you are safe and all of the rounds hit the berm. I know because I am The Outdoor Range chairman and I wrote the Range Rules

It's good to be the king.

Truthfully, if we could find jobs that pay our current salaries somewhere out in the western part of the state, we'd love to live out there. Fortunately, the general attitude in our neck of the east (Wakefield) seems to be pretty much in line with Western MA from what I've seen.

We actually need to head out to Pittsfield again soon.

Drop me a line when you do....[cheers]

Back
Top Bottom