Ranges with day passes

Does anyone know of any ranges that offer a day pass type deal? I'm strapped for cash and can't afford to drop $300 on a membership at the moment but I still need to practice. Preferable in the middlesex/Essex county area

Martin Bruns in Byfield is FREE.
It's on conservation land you just send in eithr a copy of your LTC or hunting license and they send you a permit within a week.
Its a tiny outdoor range, with two benches to shoot from maybe 60-70yards long? It's nothing special but it's free. I drive from Malden and it takes about 30-35 minutes.

Martin Bruns in Byfield is FREE.
It's on conservation land you just send in eithr a copy of your LTC or hunting license and they send you a permit within a week.
Its a tiny outdoor range, with two benches to shoot from maybe 60-70yards long? It's nothing special but it's free. I drive from Malden and it takes about 30-35 minutes.

Why have i never heard of this? Any more details?

I got my permit for martin burns, but haven't been up there yet. If people want to meet up there some day this week or next (weekdays, I need time outta my office), I'm game as long as it's not stupid hot out.

MFS has a nice new indoor range... But not a good option if you are looking to shoot rifles or AR's. I am pretty sure its pistol's only. Maybe .22 rifles but no larger caliber rifles.

You can shoot pistol caliber rifles inside MFS. I shoot my 9mm Hi Point there all the time. You can check their website for complete details. Yes, they do check your weapon when you arrive, but that is because their backstop can not handle anything larger than pistol caliber. Kinda nice in the middle of the winter.....[smile]

This is from our regs on hunting crow:
7. Hunting Implements: A person may hunt crows by means of a rifle, shotgun (shot not larger than #1), handgun, or archery except:

IANAL but this pretty much tells us we can use any caliber to hunt crow which means we can use it at Martin Burns range.

Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Cape Ann Sportsman's Club in Gloucester is open to the public on Sundays 9-12 and costs $20 for adults and free for anyone that you bring that's under 18. 100 yard rifle range, pistol range, and trap field. Not worth it if you go every week, that will get expensive.

Cape Ann Sportsman's Club in Gloucester is open to the public on Sundays 9-12 and costs $20 for adults and free for anyone that you bring that's under 18. 100 yard rifle range, pistol range, and trap field. Not worth it if you go every week, that will get expensive.

Dues are low. Great people. Try it out then come up the Second Wednesdays of the month and join. Or hang around the club house and tour what we have to offer....very easy going place...one or two FUDDS but they are harmless.

Back
Top Bottom