Range Report: Two Finn M39's: Sako vs. VKT

Thx...

Russian 'Extra Match' like this? 20 round box - 7.62x54R Extra Match 200 Grain FMJ Brass Case WPA Military Classic Ammo by LVE | SGAmmo.com

200 grains is quite a chunk of metal to sling downrange. If there is any juice behind it, that oughta feel great on the hardware holding my shoulder together. Funny how lately I have not thought of all the work on my shoulder until shooting the M39 today.

Edit-

Wow that stuff is dirty. Accurate, but dirty. I don't even want to count the number of patches... Still was a good deal. I'll have to try it in my scoped VEPR.

Last edited:
No there was some Russian surplus going around.
Think it had a 174 grain bullet.
I think that Chinese stuff has a .312" bullet ? So much of the other surplus and new production I have run is .310" and I have had wolf and brown bear with . 308" bullets.

I've shot .308 with decent results but I think the Hornady factory loads have been the most accurate in this rifle. Rainy day- maybe I'll dig to see if I have any leftover Hornady to pull and measure. I'll work up a load with Varget and whatever size projectile matches the Hornady.

Back
Top Bottom