Range Report: M&P 15

Left the Communistwealth for Live Free or Die!
Went to the range this weekend and shot my M&P 15 with a Nighthawk sr scope.

BeanieandRange016.jpg
[/IMG]
Sighting in the M&P at 100 yds (bench)

BeanieandRange014.jpg
[/IMG]
M&P 15 at 100 yds (bipod)

Happy with both rifle and scope, but practice is needed.

Is this a "Brand New" M+P15? Without rehashing the "Barrel Break In Thread", your accuracy should improve a bit once the barrel has been shot a bit. That and more trigger time should tighten things up more.

Is this a "Brand New" M+P15? Without rehashing the "Barrel Break In Thread", your accuracy should improve a bit once the barrel has been shot a bit. That and more trigger time should tighten things up more.

Yes, Brand new, but sighted in once before with about 50 rnds, then the mounting screws stripped on the cheap bracket I bought to mount the scope when I tried to tighten them after they loosened.

It was a lesson in buying cheap components so I spent the $$$ and bought a nice mounting bracket and tried again. This is the result. I have a couple more targets like this from yesterday and the grouping is almost identical.

In any event. This is set up for coyote I plan to hunt in Maine. I guess this grouping would be good enough for yotes at this range, but I am not satisfied yet.

Pic to come.

I'm waiting on a new M&P15FT....at least I now know these M&P rifles really do exist in MA.

Nice rifle and nice shooting.

Very nice rifle, I wish I had one. I wish I could shoot one too, never have.

woah woah woah, bostonian why are you telling us around here that you own/ have fired a bushmaster, you told us you bought an ar-15 with an eotech site at four seasons for 500 bucks because the guy remembered you from when you bought your m&p 40 and basicly gave you a eotech site for free, you also said you have about 30 magazines for it, I knew it was BS, especially when you couldnt even tell me what model of bushmaster it was, with the way things are today theres no way your gettin a bushmaster at 1/3the cost with a free eotech on it, i wonder what else youve made up????

PS nice rifle man

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom