• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Range near Milford, MA?

I am new here and live a little west of Milford, I find mass firearms range a little difficult to get to. I am also pretty new to owning firearms.
Any options nearer to me either public or private? Outdoors is preferable.

I am familiar with a few local clubs but I am not a big joiner and they have waiting lists.

Any members have their own range or a place to shoot periodically?

Thanks

You really should get to know some folks first. As of right now, you are an unknown, and that should be of great concern to everyone. I TRUST NO ONE!! I feel that others should be doing the same. With all that is going on and the way the government is sucking folks in, This is the only safe practice to apply to new comers.

There are a couple ranges local to your area that are pretty good.

Hopkinton Sportsman
Southborough Rod and Gun Club
Hopedale Pistol and Rifle
Uxbridge Rod and Gun Club

Check out their web pages and go to any of the events being held. I believe all of them require a sponsor so getting there to meet people is key. Good luck.

You really should get to know some folks first. As of right now, you are an unknown, and that should be of great concern to everyone. I TRUST NO ONE!! I feel that others should be doing the same. With all that is going on and the way the government is sucking folks in, This is the only safe practice to apply to new comers.
Understood. I didn't see an intro folder.
I am a 63 old mechanical engineer for a major defense contractor retiring soon.
I am a Constitutional conservative who tends to think for myself. I am unvaxxed, untested and unafraid.
I see the world turning to crap and I want to protect me and my loved ones. I want to be proficient enough with my firearm to accomplish that if needed.
I realize it will take time to get familiar with folks here and them to about me and I realize I may have come on too strong

I am a Constitutional conservative who tends to think for myself. I am unvaxxed, untested and unafraid.
I see the world turning to crap and I want to protect me and my loved ones. I want to be proficient enough with my firearm to accomplish that if needed.
I realize it will take time to get familiar with folks here and them to about me and I realize I may have come on too strong

Welcome to NES. It's a great place to learn so ask any question you like. Warning though there are some good natured ball busting that goes on here so take any ribbing with a grain of salt as people get to know you.

I am glad that you are understanding. There is no intro folder as such. It is sad to say that we are living at a time of such a high level of distrust exists, most especially of the government. In the recent news (Last two years) we have seen government agents and informants entrapping folks. That should make everyone extra cautious.

Sorry OP. I'm in the same boat as you. If your not social, your not welcome. Enjoy your stay in Mass.
Sorry OP. I'm in the same boat as you. If your not social, your not welcome. Enjoy your stay in Mass.
Something weird is happening with my browser. Sorry for that
Not social? Please explain. I am social just very hesitant to join clubs because my name "can" be associated with something that may consistent with my views. Just very cautious

I am glad that you are understanding. There is no intro folder as such. It is sad to say that we are living at a time of such a high level of distrust exists, most especially of the government. In the recent news (Last two years) we have seen government agents and informants entrapping folks. That should make everyone extra cautious.
Understood. I love my country but ashamed and disgusted with my government.
I appreciate your caution, good practice

Thank you
I am very impressed with the policy. I think it's likely I will send in an application but I don't think I know any members that I know of.
I know sending me names wouldn't be cool but any way to send the members my name to see if anyone knows me? Resident of Uxbridge for many years.

Loving the activity of this forum, on a few others with virtually no knowledgeable replies to MA specific questions

Hopedale has done several open houses recently and posted on here about them. They sign up new members during those open houses. It's a great way for new people to join a club.

Welcome.

This is the third sticky in the same subforum as you started this thread:

I am social just very hesitant to join clubs because my name "can" be associated with something that may consistent with my views. Just very cautious
Club rosters are not usually public information. You would need to start doing things like joining the board or running a committee before they have reason to publish your info as related to the organization.

I think it's likely I will send in an application but I don't think I know any members that I know of.
One of the earlier posters explained how to meet members - find the club's calendar, see what public events they have coming up that are interesting to you, attend a few.

Good luck.

Relax dude. A range can be found on Google, he is not asking for anything crazy.

Welcome. Get outdoors and enjoy it.

You clearly check a bunch of the proper boxes.

Only if you like guns and dealers!!!
I was rather local to the place and only went a couple of times knowing I was leaving MA for good so my options were rather open.

I said the next thing I’m buying is a can and I did just that.
Pardon my ignorance but what is the "Mill"?

The mill is a location with what is most likely the densest population of FFLs in a single location in the world

The Mill. Littleton MA a stones throw from Rt 495. Likely the largest group of “shops” in the state. Big following of dealers on here spear headed by our very own One Eye Jack who is the building manager.
Day trip... lol
Did my advanced Motorcycle training in Littleton

I am new here and live a little west of Milford, I find mass firearms range a little difficult to get to. I am also pretty new to owning firearms.
Any options nearer to me either public or private? Outdoors is preferable.

I am familiar with a few local clubs but I am not a big joiner and they have waiting lists.

Any members have their own range or a place to shoot periodically?

Thanks
I'm sure someone has already suggested that you pony up the $25 to become a green member and then there is an extra secret cool section with lots more info. Also you will find out about a gathering coming up this month where someone will no doubt teach you the secret handshake and password.
All joking aside, the information you can learn from people on here is incredible and we are looking at meeting in the Franklin Wrentham area which isnt too far from you and you can put faces to members.

Back
Top Bottom