Range Mishap to Mil Surp. WARNING: Graphic images for Hakim fans

Its nice because the charge is already measured for the bullet you're using, couldn't be simpler.

I'll still be double checking the measurements as I'm now hearing that Iranian ammo is notoriously unpredictable in terms of the weight thrown. Sometimes, its a double load, the correct load and even a light load. Wish I knew about the Iranian ammo before I tried to shoot it!!

Good lord man. Glad everyone's ok.

These are the chances we take shooting old guns and old ammo. Of course, the same exact thing could happen with a brand new rifle and fresh factory ammo so...

F' it! Keep shooting.

Is the bore clear or is there a bullet in there? Sounds like it might be an out of battery firing in which case I would expect to find the bullet still in the bore.

Is the bore clear or is there a bullet in there? Sounds like it might be an out of battery firing in which case I would expect to find the bullet still in the bore.

The bore is clear. One round chambered (the cartridge was still sitting in the chamber - albeit crushed in there) and at least one round detonated out of battery. I found one bullet on the ground. I do suspect that only one round went off out of battery and the other rounds somehow got scattered to never-neverland when the magazine blew out and they could not be found.

This is one reason why I only shoot commercial rounds in my G/K 43's. I will run anything through a K98 because I know that is one of the strongest actions ever made. Not that a commercial round is fool proof but surplus, to me, is taking a chance in a semi auto like a G/K 43.

I pretty much stick with the Romanian steel case in my Hakim.
Very dirty but a reasonably newer production low power round for
the semi auto.
i agree only new commercial for a g/k43, too expensive and rare to risk on
old surplus.

How do all the rounds go off at once?

On a side note, how do you strike a weapon off your blue book? "Destroyed" under "disposition?"

T

That sucks. I'd hate to have a firearm detonate on me. I don't know anything about Hakims, but could it have gone off while the bolt was open like it jammed and hit the primer? It look like it blew out through the magazine like an AR does.

Yes you can write destroyed as a means of disposition.
Yes you can, but this rifle isn't destroyed, any more than if he'd just taken the stock off and stripped it down to a barreled receiver. It's still a firearm.

Just nit picking, but don't you need 2 cuts to the receiver to qualify as "destroyed" by BATFE's standards?
Two torch cuts through the receiver, each removing at least 1/4" of material.

Drove across the state today to drop my Hakim off at my gunsmith...and he was closed. Son of a....! Come on! I practically had to pack an overnight bag to drive that far. This is Rhode Island after all! Anything more than 20 miles is like going to a foreign country. Thank God I didn't have to cross the bridge. I'd really be pissed then! The dude needs to put his hours on his webpage. Of course, that would mean he would need to update his webpage in the first place. But on the other hand, my lazy @ss could have just picked up the phone and called him. Sigh. Looks like I'm going to have to force myself to take a lunch sometime this week and drop it off. Grrr!

Back
Top Bottom