Raising Quail

Just picked up some 4-5 week old birds about 16 in total some Jumbo Browns and some Texas A&M. I put them right outside.. They seem to be doing ok so far.

Mike did you get the birds locally?
I would love to get some this year. My wife really wants to get meat bird, figure I might as well get wuail instead of chickens.

Mike did you get the birds locally?
I would love to get some this year. My wife really wants to get meat bird, figure I might as well get wuail instead of chickens.

I got mine this year in Western mass, A friend of mine is hatching up a bunch soon if you want I'll keep you posted. In the meantime let me know if you want me to send you pictures of my tractor I made a different one this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh no!
I've seen that with chickens plenty of times.
You need some 22 shorts and revolver. Show that fox who's boss.
Or bigger firepower if you have the room for it.

how 's it coming along mike?
do you candle your eggs or just wait it out and see what happens?

I got 2 eggs today. I haven't picked up an incubator yet, so I ate 2 quail eggs today. I'm working on a quail pen and should have it done tomorrow so I can move them out of their current cage. Can't wait to get an incubator.
I noticed tractor supply carries them, and the egg turners. They do not carry the quail rails though, I guess if I can't find them locally I'll just order a set online.

I got 2 eggs today. I haven't picked up an incubator yet, so I ate 2 quail eggs today. I'm working on a quail pen and should have it done tomorrow so I can move them out of their current cage. Can't wait to get an incubator.
I noticed tractor supply carries them, and the egg turners. They do not carry the quail rails though, I guess if I can't find them locally I'll just order a set online.

Ask at tractor supply they May be able to order the rails for you.

I don't know anything about incubators.

Ask at tractor supply they May be able to order the rails for you.

good idea. i spent too much on my week off so i'll hold of on the incubator for a couple week.
it's a good time to call to see if they can order the rails now and have them in by the time i'm ready to buy them

Nice!
I guess 14 isn't so bad. Wonder if it will be better with your own eggs. I would imagine it would.

Not too bad. How many of your own eggs will you have ready for the next batch?

Sweet! How are the little ones doing now?

Doing well. The late ones are doing the best. 3 chicks didn't make it. A few developed Spraddle Leg so we tried a few things to help.. We are still learning. My incubator will be here on Tuesday. I am going to order a bunch of eggs now as my m/f ratio is out of whack I am not sure how fertile these eggs are so I might throw a handful in with some other eggs.

Nice mike. I moved my from under the deck to the corner of the house .. got their run back and put a tarp on top of it so far two females are laying. .. finally saw the male humping the female this morning .. really happy so far

Nice mike. I moved my from under the deck to the corner of the house .. got their run back and put a tarp on top of it so far two females are laying. .. finally saw the male humping the female this morning .. really happy so far

Nice.. You got the 14oz birds I sent you the contact for?

Built a new 2 story winter coop today... I am calling it Guantanamo bay resort and spa..

8d61363ed7214ed4eb5fbfc92f610de2.jpg
5607620d9c64c07bb81ad3533a977716.jpg

Back
Top Bottom