Question on Interstate transport of firearms for a friend

OP my temp location is not the most circuitous but you’re welcome to use it as a RON (Remain Over Night) to secure the firearms safely and be able to get a room nearby for a decent bed/meal and hot shower.

I imagine that these folks are probably older and may not be able to just crash out in their vehicle at a rest stop all night (unfortunately I don’t have any spare rooms set up yet to offer).

Depending on where in NM it would at least allow a good night sleep after 10-14 hrs driving before setting off on the next leg.

Feel free to PM me if I can help.

Last edited:
When I was younger, if I was traveling alone, I'd plan for the most budget and cheap hotels/motels/notells just to crash for the night after an entire day's driving. Didn't mind the biker gangs, loitering whores, meth heads, etc. Nowadays, it's definitely worth splurging for a better place. "Airport" hotels are generally a safe bet.

Two drivers.

Failing that, do what I did when I brought my guns/ammo home from CT. Everything under cover, locked up, and just nap behind the wheel at rest stops.
And shit in a bucket that you keep in the back?

It's a shame you can't travel with a two stamp gun without gubmint permission. The perfect road trip gun for overnight defense while at a rest stop is to have a MK18 shorty in 300blk, suppressed and with IR on your lap. Sleep with nods on.

And shit in a bucket that you keep in the back
It's a shame you can't travel with a two stamp gun without gubmint permission. The perfect road trip gun for overnight defense while at a rest stop is to have a MK18 shorty in 300blk, suppressed and with IR on your lap. Sleep with nods on.
Flashlight in your eyes will disabuse you of that notion.

If your in a rest stop taking a nap, do cops usually go tapping on windows ?
No they don't. You'd be lucky to see one at all.

I've probably seen two cops at a highway rest area, one in NY and one in Ohio in all the years I've travelled.

Get a cheap hotel in a small town, not in a city
Bring the guns in the room at night.

NM is the worst state they’ll drive through.

I can’t imagine driving anywhere without a decent defensive arm within arms reach….especially with all the illegal invaders and commie government scum around.

NM is the worst state they’ll drive through.

I can’t imagine driving anywhere without a decent defensive arm within arms reach….especially with all the illegal invaders and commie government scum around.
Think it's worse than a lot of MS or parts of TN or SC?

Back
Top Bottom