• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

question on glock 23

I got a glock 23. sometimes the slide locks back before the mag is empty. anyone else had this happen? thinking the mag spring is bad? looking for feedback ,It's my first glock..Thanks John[hmmm]

1. We have a FIREARMS section for technical questions such as this.

2. I sincerely doubt the mag spring is causing your slide to lock back prematurely. That is usually a follow or slide lock issue.

Is this a fresh refurb or a used gun?

I got a glock 23. sometimes the slide locks back before the mag is empty. anyone else had this happen? thinking the mag spring is bad? looking for feedback ,It's my first glock..Thanks John[hmmm]

JohnM,
How many mags do you have for the G23? Is it possible that it only happens with a particular magazine? This is normally a mag problem more than a gun problem, although certain bullet types have caused this to happen to me as well in a Single-stack 45 I have. Does it happen to you regardless of the bullets you shoot? What bullets are you shooting?

Generally speaking, Glocks are super reliable so more info is needed to determine what is causing your problem.

-Cuz.

mags

I have four mag . I will have to try the again to see if it's one mag that does it all the time. I use umc fmj 180 when I got the gun the mag relase spring was not hooked up right ,I went to a gunsmith . He fixed it.It is a used gun Sorry I,am in the wrong section. Thanks for your help John[sad2]

I have four mag . I will have to try the again to see if it's one mag that does it all the time. I use umc fmj 180 when I got the gun the mag relase spring was not hooked up right ,I went to a gunsmith . He fixed it.It is a used gun Sorry I,am in the wrong section. Thanks for your help John[sad2]

That ammo should be fine. You should definitely mark all of your mags and pay careful attention to which one was in use any time you have a problem. I think well over half of all problems with semi-auto's are caused by bad mags.

-Cuz.

You should definitely mark all of your mags and pay careful attention to which one was in use any time you have a problem. I think well over half of all problems with semi-auto's are caused by bad mags.

ABSOLUTELY!

Go to any action pistol match and note how many competitors use marked mags. It is not just so we get them back (not much of a problem); it is so we can identify troublesome ones and replace the spring and/or follower or check the tube for dents.

mags

Thank guys I will mark the mags and go from there. I like the glock because It's like the m&p. I sold the m&p40 cal fs. ,because I hated the trigger. I wasn't spending $100 on a trigger job.I really like the glock I hope I can work the bugs out. Thank's again John

G23

Thank guys I will mark the mags and go from there. I like the glock because It's like the m&p. I sold the m&p40 cal fs. ,because I hated the trigger. I wasn't spending $100 on a trigger job.I really like the glock I hope I can work the bugs out. Thank's again John
What did you pay for the G23 and where did you buy it?

Never had a problem with mine such as you described. Is the slide release clean and free of dirt? Could you be inadvertently putting upward pressure on the slide release during the firing sequence causing that problem?

Back
Top Bottom