Question about Lee machines

on here, the website says "One is the Lee Anniversary Kit (can be used for either rifle or pistol calibers), another is the Lee Deluxe Turret Press Kit (pistol calibers) ."

Does this mean the Lee Deluxe Turret Press Kit can't be used for rifle?

When you go here, the website says "Large enough to handle monster belted magnum rifle cases."

So which is it? I really want the turret setup for .223 and 9mm.

I just gave a Lee 4 hole to a friend that did 500 s&w with plenty of room to spare. I had planned on using it for 223 and 300 win mag, I don't think you will have a problem. The 4 holer is stouter than the 3. The priming system is a POS and made me move up to LnL. I used to prime all my cases separately with their hand primer, that works great.

I just gave a Lee 4 hole to a friend that did 500 s&w with plenty of room to spare. I had planned on using it for 223 and 300 win mag, I don't think you will have a problem. The 4 holer is stouter than the 3. The priming system is a POS and made me move up to LnL. I used to prime all my cases separately with their hand primer, that works great.

Thanks. What is the LnL?

Are you talking about the "Lee Auto Prime" for the hand primer?

Yes I used that with the classic press, all steel. LnL is from Hornady. For the volume I was loading at the time the Classic was a great buy( around $70 ) @ Midway, I just never got the Saftey prime to work consistently.

The Turret will handle rifle loads. I am loading 30-06 and .270 Win on mine without a problem.

I load 200 rounds per hour of 9mm, 38 spcl, 45 acp and 223 on the classic turret. I would recommend the classic over the deluxe. I have also found the safety prime to work near flawless.
Rusty

lee

the classic cast turret is the press to get.stronger than most.if you get the hornady LNL then you have to get the bushings extra.
go to Lees sit and they have videos showing there presses in action.I have 2 turrets and 2 lee 1000s.

Back
Top Bottom