Question about an in house nanny ***UPDATED***

Well, I had a conversation with our new nanny. I told her that we are shooting enthusiasts and that we had a collection of firearms securely stored in our home. I showed her the HD shotgun hanging in our room in the mossberg loc-box. I explained that I was only revealing all of this to her so she wouldn't be left to guess if she discovered it on her own.

Her response convinced me that I did the right thing. She said that she was perfectly comfortable with being in a home with firearms and she was glad I disclosed them because if she saw them on her own she would feel awkward asking me about them but she would also be uncomfortable not knowing if they were safely stored or legal. The other day we got to talking and she told me that she has considered applying for her LTC but has not done it yet. When she's ready, I offered to take her to the range with my wife and I and help her get the ball rolling on her safety course and application. She lives in a green town BTW.

In this particular case, it worked out perfectly.

Glad to hear that it looks like this will work out well.

Just as long as she keeps a zipped-lip about the guns with her friends, all will be well.

Our Nanny (my families) know about the firearms in the house:
It's kind of hard to miss the large and obvious gun safe out in the open.
And that there is a smaller safe upstairs (in a room the kids don't enter).

We interviewed several nanny's and the only two that were cute also looked real strangely at my large black gun safe so they were not hired. In the end we chose experience / the ability to handle a special needs child over other things.

And for the record, NO MY NANNY IS NOT HOT! You wouldn't want a picture.
However, she does a great job with the kids & that was the sole function she was hired to perform.
smitty

Last edited:
Our Nanny (my families) know about the firearms in the house:
It's kind of hard to miss the large and obvious gun safe out in the open.
And that there is a smaller safe upstairs (in a room the kids don't enter).

We interviewed several nanny's and the only two that were cute also looked real strangely at my large black gun safe so they were not hired. In the end we chose experience / the ability to handle a special needs child over other things.

And for the record, NO MY NANNY IS NOT HOT! You wouldn't want a picture.
However, she does a great job with the kids & that was the sole function she was hired to perform.
smitty

Oh, post a picture of her anyway. After being married for 35 years I'm less concerned with hot than I am with different.

ETA: If you don't see the humor in the above, you haven't been married long enough! [wink]

Last edited:
center442 - "Oh, post a picture of her anyway."
NOPE, I'll have to pass on that one.

Had it have been the 19 1/2 year old hottie with the cute tush I might be posting a picture, but it's not.

LIKE I SAID, "In the end we chose experience / the ability to handle a special needs child over other things."

smitty

Back
Top Bottom