• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Question about A2 butt stocks

MAGG

NES Member
I believe that is what the old school solid ones are called ( like the ones that were on M-16's)

Stock%20A2%20Kit%20-%20Black-2.jpg

Will those fit on any type of AR? I have a colt and also a wyndham AR and would like to throw this type of stock on them. I have never done it tho and was wondering if they are all compatable? thanks

Yes the extension tube/buffer tube threads into rear of receiver. Then the stock slips over the tube attached by the upper rear screw.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, you may need to change the buffer tube, spring and buffer as well...depending what is already installed.

What are you removing? Why the change?

Are you installing the buffer tube as well?

I have never assembled or changed anything out on an AR so I won't lie and say yes...I would prob have a friend help me/teach me.. I just didn't know if you needed a certain brand for a certain gun

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, you may need to change the buffer tube, spring and buffer as well...depending what is already installed.

What are you removing? Why the change?

I just like the look of these and never really dug what is on there now...just a cosmetic thing

i just watched the videos that shanef and mac1911 posted and def think i can tackle this on my own...thanks for the feed back everyone.

+1 for the Rock River Arms butt stock kit. Put one on my match lower & very happy with it. Easy to do on your own, or a very quick and easy job if someone is going to help you.

+1, I have the RRA A2 butt stock kit on my match lower.

To the OP, when you remove your existing stock, mind the spring that applies pressure to the rear takedown detent. It's pretty easy to loose or even not notice.

edit, random pic found on google : http://www.recoilweb.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/Stock-Takedown-2C.jpg

Last edited:
What does that spring actually do?

The spring puts pressure on the detent for rear take down pin.
About 1:15 on the video I posted.
If you have a M4 extension tube with a castlenut the castlenut holds a plate on the back of the receiver.

Last edited:
Thanks guys-
I swapped out my butt stock recently and found my spring laying on my bench after.
I then had a WTF?!? moment....

Back
Top Bottom