• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Question about “Going Green” and my personal info

BuggsBunny

NES Member
Hi everyone,

This likely isn’t an issue that every green member-to-be is concerned about, but I need to ask it anyway.

I’ve been a registered user for nearly a year and still haven’t “gone green”. The reason is not that I am too stingy to part with the tiny sum charged for membership dues. Rather, it stems from discomfort about my real name (and address?) being on a list of NES members and my lack of knowledge about who sees that list and how and where it’s kept, and whether it’s ever shared with any other organizations for any reason.

Laugh all you want, but I keep a really short leash on my name and address as they are connected to firearms ownership, particularly when the Internet is involved. It doesn’t stem from a lack of pride in the 2nd Amendment cause or of support for the good people working for our gun rights, but from my own caution and desire for privacy.

Yes, I know what can be done as far as tracking IP addresses and cracking private accounts and all the rest, so nothing’s ever really private online anyway. After all, I’ve sent PMs with my name and address when responding to classifieds. But, still.

And as for why I didn’t ask this question a year ago, what can I say? Inertia and procrastination, that’s all.

Bottom line: I would like to become an NES member. But before I do, I’d just like a quick answer to the question: What happens to my personal info after I give it to you? And, by the way, what personal info (besides my name) is required when applying for membership?

Thanks Derek and everyone else.

Real name? Real addr? i don't recall providing any of those.

Me either. If you pay by paypal, I suppose it would send them to Derek. I wouldn't worry about that at all, unless you plan on drawing the attention of the ATF to the point they feel the need to ask him for it.

PM received and responded to. Many thanks Derek and all who responded! I am going green in a couple days [grin].

I have the same concerns about my personal info but I do want to go green. I'll be glad to send a money order with my user name. Derek, would you please send me the same PM?

Thanks

Not sure if anyone is still reading this thread but JIC... I am a newbie to NES and joined up with a paid membership a couple days ago. I have seen a lot of stuff, specifically in the NES Membership discounts and group buy sections where posters state the offers are for Green members only. did i go green by paying my membership dues? or am i missing something? any response is appreciated.

If you look at your forum name next to your posts, you'll notice that it's green instead of black. This indicates that you are a green (i.e. paid) member. "Going Green" just means paying for membership...or reducing your carbon footprint [wink].

thanks for the quick response... i am sure i would have seen it sooner had i not been lost in several other forums this place is a goldmine of resources and information.

Derek - can you shoot me the Black Helicopters PM too? I was born paranoid...[thinking] Thanks man....

Me too is paranoid to a degree... If the PM explains how I can pay while remaining nameless, I will pay pronto. While a member of NRA I am not of the GOAL, again, the thought of my name/address collecting dust on some vulnerable disc drive makes me uncomfortable.

So Derek, if you have a minute, help me out. I prefer to pay via PayPal.

Now, can anybody tell me about the gun plant tours that the members enjoy? Where such visits were in the past and are any scheduled in the future?

Thanks in advance.

Me too is paranoid to a degree... If the PM explains how I can pay while remaining nameless, I will pay pronto. While a member of NRA I am not of the GOAL, again, the thought of my name/address collecting dust on some vulnerable disc drive makes me uncomfortable.

Then don't join GOAL. Instead send them huge sums of cash regularly from a nameless donor. That and write letters to your reps. No membership required.

So Derek, if you have a minute, help me out. I prefer to pay via PayPal.

Now, can anybody tell me about the gun plant tours that the members enjoy? Where such visits were in the past and are any scheduled in the future?

Thanks in advance.

go here http://northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=5102 and follow the directions. It takes you right to paypal. I did it yesterday and it took maybe 2 minutes

Thank you, Tim 94gt, it was easy, indeed.

And now a question to those of you who are not paranoid: don't you see what is happening in the world and where it is all going?

Just Joined the forum and paid my dues too! Not too scared, if they REALLY want my info, they will get it. Us gun owners are on a LONG list somewhere anyways. I belong to Goal and the NRA and now proud to be on NES! I worry more for people not on the lists, there is safety in numbers!! Bring on the group buys and shoots!!! Nice to meet you all!
Jess

Back
Top Bottom