Quabbin 5/15 and 5/16

Flew my lil bro up from NC for a 2 day fishing trip @ Quabbin.

I've been to Quabbin twice before, but thanks to OpDETDelta for the extra tips.

Saw a gang of turkeys on the way into gate 43, also 5 bald eagles, along with 3 pairs of loons, not to mention the HUGE largemouth and good size smallies.

We sight fished most of the second day out of gate 31, netting a 8-9 lb largemouth who was protecting the bed but it shook off before we could get it into the boat :(

2 pickerel, 12 smallies and that largemouth. We had the best luck with senkos wacky rigged, and drop shot.

http://picasaweb.google.com/skolpatrol/Quabbin052009?feat=directlink

Last edited:
I'm glad you guys had a good time.
Your pics are awesome, thanks for sharing.

The Quabbin Reservation never lets you down.

-op

Great pics!! I live near the Quabbin and have yet to see an eagle!! Guess I just need to do more fishing up there!

Magnum, drive through the Quabbin Reserveration and park at the Enfield Lookout (It is past the decomissioned fire tower). Bring some Binoculars or a Spotting scope and sweat it out. Usually there are some birders there that have already located one and they are usually willing to let you look through their scopes.
I've seen most of mine out of Gate 43. The DCR has now marked off their nests with buoys and made a no go zone around the nesting areas which is cool, plus it makes it real easy to find them. [smile]

Have a good un'

op

Magnum, drive through the Quabbin Reserveration and park at the Enfield Lookout (It is past the decomissioned fire tower). Bring some Binoculars or a Spotting scope and sweat it out. Usually there are some birders there that have already located one and they are usually willing to let you look through their scopes.
I've seen most of mine out of Gate 43. The DCR has now marked off their nests with buoys and made a no go zone around the nesting areas which is cool, plus it makes it real easy to find them. [smile]

Have a good un'

op

I have gone up to the tower before but I think I just didn't wait long enough. I need some patients!

I think I'll try to talk Mikey into taking me up to Gate 43 to see if I can spot some buoys! Thanks for the info!!

Back
Top Bottom