[Q] Utah non-resident CCW accept in NH?

Hi all,

I'm sure the question already asked but i couldn't find it.

I have Mass (resident, no restriction) and Utah (non resident) CC permit. Can I CC in NH? Or I have to apply for non-resident CC permit in NH?

If no, can you help to post the link for the application and requirements
Thanks

No. There is no "reciprocity wallhack" for the NH or Maine, for MA residents. Those two states only honor resident CCWs for purposes of reciprocity, and MA's does not qualify (MA has reciprocity with NO ONE) so MA residents are pretty much screwed. Otherwise everyone in MA wouldn't bother with the licenses from either state. (We'd just get FL/UT/whatever because it's cheaper instead. )

ETA: see this thread here:
http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/22055-NH-non-resident-permit

-Mike

No. There is no "reciprocity wallhack" for the NH or Maine, for MA residents. Those two states only honor resident CCWs for purposes of reciprocity, and MA's does not qualify (MA has reciprocity with NO ONE) so MA residents are pretty much screwed. Otherwise everyone in MA wouldn't bother with the licenses from either state. (We'd just get FL/UT/whatever because it's cheaper instead. )

ETA: see this thread here:
http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/22055-NH-non-resident-permit

-Mike

I'm aware of that for MA folks. What about the Utah non-resident permit, can It be used as a CC permit in NH and/or Main?

Thanks guys,

I just printed out the application, In the back there 2 notes:
1. Copy of my MA license
2. A letter you local police??? Do i have to come to the police Dep. in my town and ask for it?

Drgrant gave the link with 83 pages to go through for one question (#2). If anyone can help to answer that. Appreciated
Thanks

I've got the NH and Maine licenses. Never needed a letter from the local PD. Go to handgunlaw.us and they have all the links to the states. Click on the state and you can get a copy of their gun applications along with directions and local gun laws. It's easy so don't try to make it difficult.

Thanks guys,

I just printed out the application, In the back there 2 notes:
1. Copy of my MA license
2. A letter you local police??? Do i have to come to the police Dep. in my town and ask for it?

Drgrant gave the link with 83 pages to go through for one question (#2). If anyone can help to answer that. Appreciated
Thanks

Follow the directions on the application. It's not that hard. The NH application is like a page or so long, it's pretty straightforward. Fill the boxes out, make the photocopies (of your LTC front and back), make out/sign a check for $100 to "State of NH - Treasurer" and mail it in.... done. Then wait about a month and it will magically appear in your mailbox.

http://www.nh.gov/safety/divisions/nhsp/ssb/permitslicensing/documents/dssp85.pdf

-Mike

Yup. Thanks drgrant. Sent the application (1page), photocopy of my license and a check this morning.

I need to do the same for Maine state?

Yup. Thanks drgrant. Sent the application (1page), photocopy of my license and a check this morning.

I need to do the same for Maine state?

Yes, if you want Maine.... app is 10 x the requirements (in terms of paperwork) and pain in the ass factor, though.

-Mike

You'll need to include a 2"X2" passport quality photo for the Maine application. Lotta pages and extra postage but really not to hard if you follow directions.

Back
Top Bottom