Purchasing in MA Question

I do not think one needs a federal license to manufacture and sell bullets (just the lead part), as is the case with ammunition. Corrections welcome.

No, what I meant is under Federal law the definition of ammunition is:

“Any component of ammunition is, in and of itself, ammunition and regulated as such.”

wife's a front end manager at Bass Pro.. you wouldn't believe the crap she gets from out-of-staters when her cashiers refuse sale of ammo/components to them.. at least once a week these a**h***s go off on her rather than take issue with the f***ed up laws in this state..

After what BP just did to GOAL's fashion show, she STILL works there ??

No, what I meant is under Federal law the definition of ammunition is:

“Any component of ammunition is, in and of itself, ammunition and regulated as such.”
The law requires a license to manufacture ammunition for resale (no federal license needed for personal reloading)

So, if any component is, in and of itself, ammunition, logic dictates the law would require a federal license to sell case bullet heads.

Do you have a cite for your claim?

18 U.S. Code § 921 - Definitions

Section (17) paragraph A

Again what I am stating is what the government deems as ammunition. Wich is all parts of a cartridge, case, powder,projectile,primer any part of it is considered ammunition by federal law.

So, if you were a prohibited person (think felon) possesing any of these items would be illegal under federal law. Any part alone or whole is considered ammunition.
Thanks,
Jim

Back
Top Bottom