Public Safety (*Byrne) Grants

They are were limited to law enforcement only but other organizations seem to be getting them. The paperwork is a pain in the ass...Getting a grant approval was also difficult.

I seem to remember them as Federal money given to the states for dispursement. It seemed that unless you have a stront political connection, you wouldn't get a dime. In my county, all the money went to the big cities and little or none ever filtered done. You have a much better change getting funding from a organization such as the NRA or maybe the NSSF.

Last edited:
They are were limited to law enforcement only but other organizations seem to be getting them. The paperwork is a pain in the ass...Getting a grant approval was also difficult.

I seem to remember them as Federal money given to the states for dispursement. It seemed that unless you have a stront political connection, you wouldn't get a dime. In my county, all the money went to the big cities and little or none ever filtered done. You have a much better change getting funding from a organization such as the NRA or maybe the NSSF.

What "other organizations" do you mean? Think GOAL or Eddie Eagle would qualify?

Back
Top Bottom