PTR will be out of CT in 4 more days!

PTR 91 is a great rifle. Reliable and reasonably accurate. Triggers generally need some fine tuning, but otherwise a fine battle rifle.

One thing to take in to consideration, and one of the reasons I am 3 hrs from the coast, hurricanes. I am still adjusting to being this far from the ocean. The home insurance rates there must be outrageous by comparison. I don't know about the new plants exact location but the county it is in is right on the coast. You might want to find a place an hour or so west of the plant, or wherever you decide to work, and commute. Hell everything is at least 20 min away down here. It takes me 30 min to get to the nearest dunkin. The up side is that it is saving me about $80 a week. [laugh] [coffee]

I think that Aynor is far enough inland where you don't have to worry too much about hurricanes. It's between Myrtle Beach and Conway.

Black Market Parts makes barreled uppers. Yes, these are "Special Weapons" receivers, but the one I got was nearly perfectly to spec. I did have to drill out a bit of slag that got in the rear takedown pin hole, but that was the only "defect". Built a mass compliant model very easily back when I lived there. 922r is a breeze since the barreled upper contains all US parts. Cost about $1,600 to put it together including the upper. Bolt gap came in at 18 with parts from HKParts.net. First 30-mag dumped clean.

If I was interested in doing that kind of thing I would have done it already. I like my guns to be mostly plug and play. I don't have the time/ability/means/patience to do something like that without ****ing it up.

-Mike

If I was interested in doing that kind of thing I would have done it already. I like my guns to be mostly plug and play. I don't have the time/ability/means/patience to do something like that without ****ing it up.

-Mike

I'm an engineer. If all I have to do is take a gun out of a box I get bored and go to sleep.

Back
Top Bottom