PSA RE:The Gun Room in Shrewsbury

So he's
probably taken the "consent decree enema" from reilly... maybe that's
why he's such an a**h***. [rofl]

-Mike
That sure would be an interesting requirement in a consent decree.

Recording voice in MA by any means is ILLEGAL (felony) without knowledge/consent of ALL PARTIES!!

If this is true, he's looking to get busted and put away for a long time!

I don't know about serious time, but chances are he'd have a serious fine. Dunkin Donuts tried to audio record in some of their stores and even posted signs about it. They stopped after the AG sent them a letter.

I know a couple of hospitals that recorded audio in their trauma rooms and tried to claim that they were exempt from the law because they were doing it for quality assurance reasons. A hint dropped about felony prosecution and loss of medical licenses put an end to that.

Gary

Last edited:
o'delearious [what his staff calls him]

the camera has only been there for about 4 of months. this is the next level of his pychosis. if his mental codition continues in decline we could find him walking about with tin foil wraped around his head to deflect alien messages from deep space.[laugh2]

bad experiences with the shop and with Mr. O'Leary as well. like some cigar shops, the help at some gun shops thinks they know everything and makes no allowances for variations in personal prefernce. I miss village gun but 4 Seasons has been great for me the last few years.

bad experiences with the shop and with Mr. O'Leary as well. like some cigar shops, the help at some gun shops thinks they know everything and makes no allowances for variations in personal prefernce. I miss village gun but 4 Seasons has been great for me the last few years.

Village Gun! Do you live in Sturbridge? I hear we have a new shop in town, but have not had a chance to check it out yet. Something or other "classic guns" I think.

Village Gun! Do you live in Sturbridge? I hear we have a new shop in town, but have not had a chance to check it out yet. Something or other "classic guns" I think.

i do not, although I do enjoy stopping at hyland brewery when visiting friends in the WB. village gun was in n'boro. look forward to hitting your new shop next time i'm out there.

It's actually "Bron Classic Firearms" and it's located at the front of the Blackington Building - an old, large, three-story building west of the Sturbridge Village entrance.

The owner, John, is a nice guy, and really tries to price his guns reasonably. I've purchased two rifles from him so far, and have been very pleased. Definitely stop in to check him out. It's not a big shop, but he has a lot of milsurp goodies tucked inside!

It's actually "Bron Classic Firearms" and it's located at the front of the Blackington Building - an old, large, three-story building west of the Sturbridge Village entrance.

The owner, John, is a nice guy, and really tries to price his guns reasonably. I've purchased two rifles from him so far, and have been very pleased. Definitely stop in to check him out. It's not a big shop, but he has a lot of milsurp goodies tucked inside!

+1 I visited Bron's about a month ago and ended up being there for over an hour just talking about firearms with John. He's a good guy. I only bought some ammo from him, but there were several items in stock I would of loved to own.

Will never set foot in Gun Room again...

I stopped in the Gun Room today after a meeting. There were three men behind the counter. I greeted the one who glanced at me and he just silently stared back (the other two joined in). Figuring I hadn't been heard, I called out another greeting and the three continued to stare silently at me like I was some kind of a**hole. After a moment's reflection, I turned on my heels and walked out... never to return.

i do not, although I do enjoy stopping at hyland brewery when visiting friends in the WB. village gun was in n'boro. look forward to hitting your new shop next time i'm out there.

There was also a Village Gun Shop in Sturbridge about 10 years ago (give or take a few years). It was in the location currently occupied by Village Pizza. It was a pretty nice shop.

Hyland Orchard / Pioneer Brewery is AWESOME!! Hope to run into you there. I will be drinking from a stein with "pyro" printed on it.

I stopped in the Gun Room today after a meeting. There were three men behind the counter. I greeted the one who glanced at me and he just silently stared back (the other two joined in). Figuring I hadn't been heard, I called out another greeting and the three continued to stare silently at me like I was some kind of a**hole. After a moment's reflection, I turned on my heels and walked out... never to return.

I honestly don't know how they stay in business... [thinking]

Hi:
Guywithglasses: what date and time did you go in there? I know the evening manager will be extremely interested in your story.
Derek, Greg etc: It's not quite $2,000 a week but a recent week and a half period of time was more like around $2250.00. Got a real nice Inland Div. M1 Carbine with a ton of accessories, SW1911 Scandium Government Model and then a Colt Lightweight "AR15" which is catalogue number 6930 I believe. Quite rare and superbly priced. The AR went back right away after one trip to the range. It was doubling. They took it in and fixed it. Got it back yesterday. Very fast turn around. Will take it to the range tomorrow for a testing.
Happy to be of service, saah!!

Superbly priced.

Seriously? I've been in there a few times and each time I've spend a good amount of time looking at what they had for sale. Almost every gun they had seemed to be priced on the high end. I'm not doubting you got a good deal, but I'm wondering if it was a deal you got after haggling with the owner or if they automatically give you a discount because you do spend so much money there.

I've never bought a gun from them, just ammo. Primarily because I knew I could buy the same gun cheaper elsewhere.

They generally don't accept haggling. Yes, I find the new guns are priced on the high end and used are hit or miss. I just happened to hit a few out of the park in such a short period of time so to speak by coincidence. By the way, Greg is just joking about the $2000.00 a week. We love to give each other a friendly hassle once in a while. Derek laid witness to this buffoonery a couple of times when he visited us at Harvard. It's all in good fun. Any by the way, we will be back at Harvard tomorrow around 3:00 so if you want, stop by. I need to sight in the AR15, function test a M1 Carbine and probably give the S&W 76 and 1911 Sc a work out. You are most welcome to join in on the fun.

Just to give an update: we took the Colt AR15 to the range today to sight it in and check for the doubling problem and the rifle functioned flawlessly. So the proprietor made good on this one. From the time I bought it back to TGR to the time it was ready for me to pick it up was about 15 days. So, I'm very happy. Went over and told him so late this afternoon after coming from Harvard. Greg was very pleased about this too, as you can well imagine.

Back
Top Bottom