Prosecutor killed in freak accident when gun goes off in court

Was it a pre-recall P320?

If not, I HIGHLY doubt the gun was discharged when dropped on the floor...AND angled perfectly to aim towards a human being

If not, I HIGHLY doubt the gun was discharged when dropped on the floor...AND angled perfectly to aim towards a human being

Depends on the gun. And not just the make/model, but the specific gun in question, including wear, aftermarket parts and/or modifications. There have also been gun recalls and bad designs over the years that I wouldn't dismiss either. For instance (if this is true):

You see, South Africa doesn't have the same rigorous drop testing that Massachusetts does, and this is the result.

I forwarded this to Maura with a $10 campaign donation and a note to say thanks for protecting citizens from this kind of safety issue.

NYPost said:
Addelaid Ann Ferreira, 51, was in Ixopo regional court when the weapon was introduced as an exhibit in a robbery case, fell and accidentally fired,
They introduced a loaded gun as an exhibit?

Do South African courts not allow both parties to stipulate, so they can exhibit a photograph instead of the actual artifact? More likely, the prosecutor was the one who insisted on exhibiting the actual firearm.

Seems like it would take a decent length chain of dipshits to allow something like this to happen when and where it did. Of course culminating in king dipshit, the guy who dropped the damn thing.

When I had to identify a rifle in court, the prosecutor handed it to me with a closed action. First thing I did was to open it and make sure it was empty - some color drained from his face you might say.

It was empty - but rule number one, open the action before handing it over.

They introduced a loaded gun as an exhibit?

Do South African courts not allow both parties to stipulate, so they can exhibit a photograph instead of the actual artifact? More likely, the prosecutor was the one who insisted on exhibiting the actual firearm.

Prosecutors love to show juries guns in evidence to get the jury all hot and bothered but prosecutors are also among the most anti-gun and unfamiliar with guns lawyers out there.

This^

I'm sure there are documented cases of people being bludgeoned to death with an empty firearm.
It's probably pretty easy to bash someones skull in with a three pound handgun wielded like a hammer.

And, it's less bulky than a sharpened "E Tool " . . .

Back
Top Bottom