Props to Gunrunners 101 in Amherst, NH

Hi all, I just wanted to give a quick kind word for Gunrunners 101 in Amherst, NH. They had .357 ammunition that I had been looking for, so I purchased a box. He was out of some stuff, but definitely worth a try if you are in the area.
The owner seemed like a nice guy. I will make it a point to stop in more often.

I thought we didn't like that guy for some exceptionally shady shit? Or was that the guy Shooters took over for on Amherst Street

I have never read or heard anything bad about the place. If I am wrong, please enlighten me.
Different shop then there was a shop on Amherst street that would do some seriously shady shit...like take your money for a gun they had in stock then order another one from their distributor and make you wait like 3 weeks.

Cash only deals selling guns out from under you when you had a deposit on them

Right, I had heard of that place in the past. It was on the opposite side of the street, and had since changed hands.
This place that I mentioned in the post seems to be a decent place from what I can tell.

Different shop then there was a shop on Amherst street that would do some seriously shady shit...like take your money for a gun they had in stock then order another one from their distributor and make you wait like 3 weeks.

Cash only deals selling guns out from under you when you had a deposit on them

That was sportsmans trading or whatever, not same guy. Beer koozie/Leering shoes/"ill get it from my warehouse that doesn't exist then find a used gun i can pass as new to sell you from gunbroker for 10% over MSRP" that.... guy is long gone from the biz.

That was sportsmans trading or whatever, not same guy. Beer koozie/Leering shoes/"ill get it from my warehouse that doesn't exist then find a used gun i can pass as new to sell you from gunbroker for 10% over MSRP" that.... guy is long gone from the biz.
Ahh i knew there was one up there... I'll have to swing by gun runners then I feel bad I always passed cuz I thought it was him

He’s a little high but a decent guy. My kid bought a couple of guns from him recently.
He was giving a box of .22 with each gun.
I told him to keep it as I had plenty. You would have thought I’d said a novena for him. I think he was actually sweating the 2 boxes.
He has very little in house.
Also witnessed similar at TopShot? In Dracut.
Counterman grudgingly gave a customer one box with a firearm sale. There is no extra to dole out. For free anyway.

He’s a little high but a decent guy. My kid bought a couple of guns from him recently.
He was giving a box of .22 with each gun.
I told him to keep it as I had plenty. You would have thought I’d said a novena for him. I think he was actually sweating the 2 boxes.
He has very little in house.
Also witnessed similar at TopShot? In Dracut.
Counterman grudgingly gave a customer one box with a firearm sale. There is no extra to dole out. For free anyway.

Thats too bad hes running low.

I agree hes a decent guy - not super talkative. Pro or con depending on your preference :D

He's a small shop.

FWIW, I was buying from him before he moved to the Rt 101 location, when he had a very very little place with a wood working workshop in the back 75 percent of it.

IMHO, no one should ever expect to pay Walmart prices at a small shop. I never had a problem paying a little more because I knew I was supporting a LGS.

Also, I've said this in other posts, Bob has a really tuff time multi-tasking and doing more than 1 thing at a time. I know this because he has the humility to admit it as something that he really, really wished he could be better at as a shop owner, but he simply can't.

Some people have miss interpreted this as being rude, unconversational, or "cold" & distant....and that is simply not the case.

Last edited:
Bob and his wife are really nice, not the cheapest place, but they’re fair and have some odd stuff from time to time. Lots of 10/22s normally. Haven’t been in there in a while. It’s not my favorite gun shop but I sure am happy to have them around as an option! I have spent some money there....

Back
Top Bottom