• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Proposed Trust Law changes for NFA items

DrRansom

Instructor
View Rule

Abstract: The Department of Justice is proposing to amend the regulations of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF) regarding the making or transferring of a firearm under the National Firearms Act. The proposed regulations would (1) add a definition for the term "responsible person"; (2) require each responsible person of a corporation, trust or legal entity to complete a specified form, and to submit photographs and fingerprints; (3) require that a copy of all applications to make or transfer a firearm be forwarded to the chief law enforcement officer (CLEO) of the locality in which the maker or transferee is located; and (4) eliminate the requirement for a certification signed by the CLEO.

That thread started by talking about supposed forms that didn't have anything to do with trusts or legal entities, and no one really brought that up on that thread - and it was out of context there because he was specifically asking about non-trust Form4s, which is probably why I missed it.

Whatever, I guess. I didn't see any other threads directly discussing trust changes.

Back
Top Bottom