• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Project Game Bag

Nice. What did you use for a drawstring? It looks pretty thin and might be tough on the hands.

I have my mothers of singer and still use it regularly for projects like that.
Tarred twine. 120 pound breaking strength. Animal quarters go in the bags, then onto the load shelf of our packs. I did keep the string long though so it could be hung from a tree when doing multiple trips to pack out. The bags weigh only a few ounces.

Beef up the draw string. I'd use paracord at a minimum.
Will test it out this spring during bear. An elk rear quarter is about 50 pounds. Front quarter is about 30 or so. Add backstraps and stuff to the front and you're at rear quarter weight. Most of the time there is no need for the draw string. It is plenty strong. Twice that of anything you'd put in one bag. Each one of us carries four bags.

We need these things to be strong, take up little space when packed and as light as possible.

Will test it out this spring during bear. An elk rear quarter is about 50 pounds. Front quarter is about 30 or so. Add backstraps and stuff to the front and you're at rear quarter weight. Most of the time there is no need for the draw string. It is plenty strong. Twice that of anything you'd put in one bag. Each one of us carries four bags.

We need these things to be strong, take up little space when packed and as light as possible.
Nice job on the bags, I understand the weight issue.

I also wouldn't be caught out in the woods without at least 50ft of paracord in my pack.......just in case. It's a standard item for me.

Back
Top Bottom