problems with trespass and hunters again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leave a note on the tree stand stating that they are on private property and need to remove their equipment, some of them may truly not be aware they are on private property thanks to other people pulling down the signs... if that doesn't work, fire a shot at a tree near their position and then yell at them for pretending to be a deer on your private hunting land. They should not be downrange from your firing point if they don't want to be mistaken for deer on posted private property. If it continues, I'm sure a battery connected to their tree stand will dissuade them in the future; rub a mix of lye and vaseline on the top rungs of the stand; steal their game cameras and stands and sell them on craigslist. Lots of options! I really like the option of a tranquilizer gun with a heavy dose of sedatives... humans really are the greatest prey, or so I've heard. All these are optional, obviously, what you do is between yourself, the jackass on your land, and whatever witnesses are around to see it.

I have the same problem, 23 acres in Douglas posted every 40-50' and have the same exact things happen. I haven't had anyone put a stand up on my land they put it up on the other side of the line facing my side, use my stands or rip the signs down. Having tried screws thwe problem is that as the tree grows they pull through the signs. Nails seem to move with the wood as it grows to a degree. I have had the best luck cutting squares out of CDX plywood, then staple on sign, then staple chicken wire over sign and nail to tree about 10' up. Too high and they use the I didn't see them up there excuse.

Ah, a normal day at NES Middle School [wink]

Hell no, sir. I'm graduated summa cum laude and am now a provert; a professional pervert, if you will.

And if you took my statement as to mean anything other than the Blue Footed Boobys of Australia, then your mind is in the gutter and I'll have nothing further to do with you.

Last edited:
I wonder if there's a very loud siren that could detect their presence and sound an alarm when they are in their blinds. It will scare the crap out of them, and keep the deer away.

Or a dead skunk on their blind. Red fire ants. A hungry wolverine. A bucket of ice cold water above their blind, with a release mechanism. Remote controlled pepper spray dispenser. Lots of fun! teehee...

Try this approach... when you run into these guys say this:

"You know, I am all for hunting, as a hunter myself, but you need permission in MA to hunt on private land. Just give me your name, address and email and I will send a hard copy and PDF of signed written permission notice and make it official..."

Then give the info to the cops and have them contact them.

What about idiot traps? Are those illegal? I don;t think anyone on these forums wants to hurt the boobys...

haha nice one

seriously though, would you get charged for that? it is on your private property, on a sign they have no right to be touching. or is it the same as getting sued by someone who's kid drowns in your pool even though they climbed a fence to trespass in your yard?

I wonder if there's a very loud siren that could detect their presence and sound an alarm when they are in their blinds. It will scare the crap out of them, and keep the deer away.

Or a dead skunk on their blind. Red fire ants. A hungry wolverine. A bucket of ice cold water above their blind, with a release mechanism. Remote controlled pepper spray dispenser. Lots of fun! teehee...

I wonder if you could rig this up to their tree stand?
[video=youtube_share;JX1VAfz4G_4]http://youtu.be/JX1VAfz4G_4[/video]

We own 70 acres in Nova Scotia. Generations of the several families hunt on our land. Local practices tend to out weigh law and privacy rights.

Been told by a friend if I squawked or forced them off our land our home would be damaged or worse. Some practices are just hard to change.

We did have one guy damage our trails and such with his ATV. The unofficial "Mayor" of the community went over the told him no more and it stopped. He apologized for the mess he left and even cleared some trees and such after.

It's an uneasy truce. I'm not there much in the winter so out of sight, out of mind.

I have been around with you folks before on this. You do not need permission to hunt on private land in MA unless it it posted, or per town by law. MA uses the open field doctrine, yes getting permission is always nice to do, but not mandated by law.

Same in NH

Set a group hunt for us NESrs , we will make sure to tell them to leave as this is now our new hunting ground p

And please, don't try detaining anyone and especially while holding a firearm.

I wish I had a place like that. 20 acres isn't that big. How many people are hunting it?

I wish I had a place like that. 20 acres isn't that big. How many people are hunting it?

I am the only one hunting it, along with a friend that comes out 3 or 4 times during black powder season.

Finding woodland is pretty straightforward, "landlocked" parcels that cannot be built on are often able to be bought inexpensively (more so if it is wet). Check your local property maps and mail the owners offer letters. If you buy a 10 or 20 acre parcel for ~$30K your month payment is only $150 or so.

$150 a month, for a private place to enjoy seems like a great deal. Of course you have to deal with the people that want the same enjoyment, without paying for it.[frown]

That would probably work well, but at ~$25 per sign it adds up quick. I put up around ~150 signs that are the yellow tyvek type material.

Put the metal ones in areas where they get ripped down. All you need is on ******* to ignore it (can't rip it down) and its trespassing. Call cops file complaint. He gets busted again will be arrested then court time.

No. I meant how many of them.

I am the only one hunting it, along with a friend that comes out 3 or 4 times during black powder season.

Finding woodland is pretty straightforward, "landlocked" parcels that cannot be built on are often able to be bought inexpensively (more so if it is wet). Check your local property maps and mail the owners offer letters. If you buy a 10 or 20 acre parcel for ~$30K your month payment is only $150 or so.

$150 a month, for a private place to enjoy seems like a great deal. Of course you have to deal with the people that want the same enjoyment, without paying for it.[frown]

Shoot them if they're coming after you. Bring a shovel.

Just kidding
NSA.

Skip the shovel.

-Proud to be dad every day, a licensed plumber most days, and wish I was a shoemaker on others.

- - - Updated - - -

I have been around with you folks before on this. You do not need permission to hunt on private land in MA unless it it posted, or per town by law. MA uses the open field doctrine, yes getting permission is always nice to do, but not mandated by law.

True. The OP said it was posted. Sorry for not being clear and saying private "posted" land.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom