Printing

USA

So I've been wondering if I'm doing something wrong lately. I use a crossbreed super tuck. I wear and undershirt and then a t shirt over. When standing my shirt some down to the top of my front pockets. More than enough to stay concealed. Even in I raise my arms over my head, shirt only comes up to where my belt line ends.

I've been finding my shirts lifted and tucked between my body and firearm, making it very obvious that something is hanging off my hip.

It's been ticking me off having to keep making sure my shirt is hanging naturally versus bunched up behind my firearm. Feels like back to week one of constantly checking to make sure I still have it.

Anyone else experience this? I'm guessing it more paranoia than anything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paranoia.

Spend a week open carrying and you'll get over the whole "printing" thing. Even when your handgun is right out in public, people are oblivious.

Paranoia.

Spend a week open carrying and you'll get over the whole "printing" thing. Even when your handgun is right out in public, people are oblivious.

Less ****s (as in virtually zero) are given for those of us in free 'Murica... The inmates of the PRM, not so much.

... I've been finding my shirts lifted and tucked between my body and firearm, making it very obvious that something is hanging off my hip...

Is the grip on your handgun smooth enough to let the fabric of your concealment shirt slide off it, or is the problem that the grip is very "grippy" causing the shirt to get hung up on it (maybe like the difference between hard plastic vs. soft rubber)?

In my limited experience, I've found that either no notices or no one cares. It's nobody's business and there's nothing wrong with concealed carry.

So I've been wondering if I'm doing something wrong lately. I use a crossbreed super tuck. I wear and undershirt and then a t shirt over. When standing my shirt some down to the top of my front pockets. More than enough to stay concealed. Even in I raise my arms over my head, shirt only comes up to where my belt line ends.

I've been finding my shirts lifted and tucked between my body and firearm, making it very obvious that something is hanging off my hip.

It's been ticking me off having to keep making sure my shirt is hanging naturally versus bunched up behind my firearm. Feels like back to week one of constantly checking to make sure I still have it.

Anyone else experience this? I'm guessing it more paranoia than anything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Car seats and jackets cause this kind of stuff, I just subconciously give my shirt a tug when I get out of the car to make sure its down, it's not even something I think of or worry about at this point... and like Kevin says, most people are oblivious.

-Mike

when I wear my 40 year old waist length leather jacket (still fits) i have to pull it down after zipping it to conceal bottom of owb holster, but if it rides up a bit and shows the bottom of the holster i don't really care.

muzzle is concealed, all you can see is an inch or two of black leather (clashes with the brown leather jacket though[rofl])

only other gun owners would notice

Last edited:
I'm a small guy and a couple summers ago I carried an SR45 owb under a tshirt. No one noticed. Even people who give me hugs. Try not to worry quite so much.

Last Sunday my shirt kept riding up when I was picking up my spent hulls on the trap field, leaving my VP9 exposed. I gave 0 shits given where I was and who I was with.

But yeah, it happens. Tug your shirt down when you stand up and you'll be okay.

Small tug on the shirt when getting out of the truck or SUV, no rubber grip and DILLIGAF.

I don't flash it. If your staring at me that closely let's have a drink. Most people have no idea given the size of cell phones lately. REPEAT. Most people have no idea.

Don't try to hide a full size 1911 if you weigh 140 pounds soaking wet.

Buy bigger shirts. As a male you will get fatter with age and someday they will fit. [smile]

At a gun club I don't care what anybody thinks.

I carry a full size e-series 1911 OWB every day. Before that it was a Para. Today I was at Dave & Busters with Lady Radtekk and 16 y/o daughter because she made Dean's List with all A's and B's.

On the way out I hit the restroom. After taking care of business I walked out past two of Woburn's finest. Neither noticed that my shirt had ridden up, pants sagged down a little, and my bright stainless 1911 was there for all to see. But neither did the quite literally 100+ people I walked past from restroom to lobby.

My daughter was the one who said "Dad, you're exposed..." people are oblivious.

Anybody remember the M*A*S*H* episode when Hawkeye walked in to the mess tent naked?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom