• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Primer Source

Pay $35 for 1000 and sell for $100 per thousand isn't "worth your time" so mark it up 700% instead. That's hilarious
The thing that bothers me is that after people made the connection, they edited their ad so that it would make it tougher for people to find out that they paid $35/1000 and were selling it at $250/1000.

Editing the ad in that way just seems like an admission that it was, at best, bad optics. They could have just written the ad along the lines of what he posted above, like "we got a shipment and want to keep them for our members, but we'll sell some to those really in need, the price reflects us not being in a position of needing to sell."

The thing that bothers me is that after people made the connection, they edited their ad so that it would make it tougher for people to find out that they paid $35/1000 and were selling it at $250/1000.
Yeah that’s definitely not helping their case.

Kudos to the club for trying to help a brother out (and those on the forum). Let the free market work. If they have buyers great, if not and they want to sell, willing buyers and sellers will find a mutually agreeable price. They took the risk, they are entitled to any reward...plus, they may have to pay taxes on the profit so there is that too...

not 615% tax rate, silly rabbit. Probably something like ordinary income rates for a non profit that has income unrelated to their charter. They’ve crossed into profit making territory. This isn’t selling skeet loads at cost, they’re making a tidy profit now. As always, you should seek professional tax advice.

not 615% tax rate, silly rabbit. Probably something like ordinary income rates for a non profit that has income unrelated to their charter. They’ve crossed into profit making territory. This isn’t selling skeet loads at cost, they’re making a tidy profit now. As always, you should seek professional tax advice.
They have a full service FFL, so they are already "engaged in the business" by ATF standards, I believe.

Must be the reason they deleted their ad.

This is a shot in the dark .. maybe removed seeing their not a licensed firearms dealer and the birdogs from The Mass. AG's office got wind of their sale by following this forum. Paranoia is high this week (LOL).
The seller is a "full service FLL" per their website, as I mentioned above. On their website they mention their prices and requirements for doing firearm transfers (including that the gun be "MA Compliant"). Once their ad was linked to this thread, they first edited it (removing that they were RUAG primers that were commercially packaged in amounts not equal to 1000 and instead just saying "SPP", after the connection was made), followed by entirely removing the ad. They saw that people didn't like their pricing at 615% markup and removed their ad. It's not complicated.

Last edited:
I have finally broken down to the madness and plan to unload a bunch of primers at $100 a case. I got better things to do than plan for the doom that is most assuredly on the way... Listing to follow later today.

The seller is a "full service FLL" per their website, as I mentioned above. On their website they mention their prices and requirements for doing firearm transfers (including that the gun be "MA Compliant"). Once their ad was linked to this thread, they first edited it (removing that they were RUAG primers that were commercially packaged in amounts not equal to 1000 and instead just saying "SPP", after the connection was made), followed by entirely removing the ad. They saw that people didn't like their pricing at 615% markup and removed their ad. It's not complicated.
This

I have finally broken down to the madness and plan to unload a bunch of primers at $100 a case. I got better things to do than plan for the doom that is most assuredly on the way... Listing to follow later today.
Per case (5k) or brick?... asking for a friend....

Lol they’re not a nonprofit.

If they nuked it it’s because someone got a clue and figured out that nobody (outside maybe a handful of lunatics on gunbroker) was ever going to buy primers at 25 cents each. [rofl]
So ridiculous. Sell them on GB then not on NES after many know how much you paid for them. They didn’t think this one through very well. Then again I realize many buyers aren’t reading this thread...
That phrase don’t shit where you eat comes to mind...

So ridiculous. Sell them on GB then not on NES after many know how much you paid for them. They didn’t think this one through very well. Then again I realize many buyers aren’t reading this thread...
I'm sure they would be all over gunbroker , if they could. You need a HazMat shipper cert to ship powder and primers.

I'm sure they would be all over gunbroker , if they could. You need a HazMat shipper cert to ship powder and primers.
Correct.
I used to be a certified (dangerous goods) at my previous job and it’s a PITA. And good luck if you get caught. The fines are no joke.
Will be interesting to check GB in the coming days/weeks and filter the location by MA....

I have this fear of poorly packed or loose primers. All it takes is one to ignite to set off a chain reaction that ignites all 1 million primers.

That would probably be a bigger bang than the 80 pounds of tannerite up in NH recently!
Have you ever crushed a primer while reloading?

I am not sure what you would need to be doing to ignite all those primers.

I suspect revolving shill listing, etc. I doubt there are that many people that are willing to blow $250 on a box of primers.

I agree.

If they got them for $30 or so per thousand, sell them at $50 or $60. They will be gone in a weekend.

$250 is greedy AF.

I get it, free market. I am not arguing that.

Correct.
I used to be a certified (dangerous goods) at my previous job and it’s a PITA. And good luck if you get caught. The fines are no joke.
Will be interesting to check GB in the coming days/weeks and filter the location by MA....

5 year felony on top of the fines!

Back
Top Bottom