• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Prep of The Day Thread

I strongly recommend that anyone serious about building their immune start building up D3 in their body. Toxicity is highly unlikely, you would need to take 40-100k i.u.'s a day for months to come close.

D3 acts more like a hormone than a standard 'vitamin', but this makes it highly effective in important ways from other vitamins.

D3 can regulate your autoimmune response, and reduce the chances of secondary infection due to Cytokine Storm.

For some perspective: approximately 50 million died in 1918 as a result of the Spanish Flu, but they did not actually die of the flu. Most died of secondary infection caused by Cytokine Storm (pulmonary edema, hemorrhagic pneumonia, etc.) because their autoimmune system went into autoloop and was not regulated- they literally drowned on their own fluids from the inside.

I would not overlook this as part of essential preps. I also recommend having on hand Chaga mushrooms and Oreganol P73, among any number of others.
YES! - Read this!! My uncle is a Naturopathic Doctor and has advocated D3 forever - My whole family takes it. The MedCram Doc on youtube did a video on this last week as well. He reviewed a large analysis that covered the results of like 10 studies showing a statistically significant impact on helping the body's immune system to NOT overreact. Why people are dying of Covid 19 is due to inflammation caused by the immune system's overreaction. Vitacost brand D3 - they have BOGOs all the time. The key thing is that megadosing does not work - You have to build it up slowly by taking it every day

For those of you who are making bread are you using your normal oven or trying something different like a grill or a colmam stove? My wife and I make some very simple bread roles that the family will eat the minute we pull them out of the oven. But Sat I said lets try them in the coleman oven and see how they come out.

First problem was finding a pan to fit in the 10x10 area of the oven, found a few small round 9" pans that worked. the oven being made of much thinner metal and no insulation it heated up fast but would loose heat very fast once you opened the door. Roles came out decent and mixed it with our Ghee butter ( no refrig butter ) it was a good learning curve.

We def need to practice more as the oven is small and you know the next words out of my her mouth was, instead of building parts for your project truck why done you just fab up a larger oven out of all that metal you have down there. I said ok lol.

For those of you who are making bread are you using your normal oven or trying something different like a grill or a colmam stove? My wife and I make some very simple bread roles that the family will eat the minute we pull them out of the oven. But Sat I said lets try them in the coleman oven and see how they come out.

First problem was finding a pan to fit in the 10x10 area of the oven, found a few small round 9" pans that worked. the oven being made of much thinner metal and no insulation it heated up fast but would loose heat very fast once you opened the door. Roles came out decent and mixed it with our Ghee butter ( no refrig butter ) it was a good learning curve.

We def need to practice more as the oven is small and you know the next words out of my her mouth was, instead of building parts for your project truck why done you just fab up a larger oven out of all that metal you have down there. I said ok lol.

My wife has a bread machine, when we have parties she makes a fresh loaf and friends gobble it up. I never paid any mind to it.
A week or two ago when I was re-stocking I was like "Hey honey, what do you use to make that bread you make when we have parties?" lol, I came home with a pile of active dry yeast and bread flour.

YES! - Read this!! My uncle is a Naturopathic Doctor and has advocated D3 forever - My whole family takes it. The MedCram Doc on youtube did a video on this last week as well. He reviewed a large analysis that covered the results of like 10 studies showing a statistically significant impact on helping the body's immune system to NOT overreact. Why people are dying of Covid 19 is due to inflammation caused by the immune system's overreaction. Vitacost brand D3 - they have BOGOs all the time. The key thing is that megadosing does not work - You have to build it up slowly by taking it every day
This may be just me, but I've found morning doses are best. PM doses for some reason make me a little 'wired' and I cannot sleep. Tried different dosing schedules and found AM the best...

I'm done "prepping." We are always pretty well stocked. Now the focus is just on 1) when will my husband start to work from home, 2) when do we stop buying fresh produce etc in order to keep our "social distance" and how long we may have to do that.

Right now, with possibly the exception of Ted Cruz, there is no whisper even of covid19 here in TX.

Heading to the supermarket in the morning to try to fill a new 7 cf chest freezer. Will grab some meats, frozen vegetables, fruits, butter, cheese, potato products, waffles, chicken fingers and pizza - stuff the kids will eat - but what am I not thinking of? Breads maybe? Not looking to lay it in for 20 years or anything, just wondering if there’s anything to add that might not be an obvious candidate for a freezer. Is there an egg option of some kind?
A 7 can get full pretty fast. It's just the wife and I now with a fourteen and then added a sixteen. with at least 80% full in both.

I think there needs to be more emphasis on LOGISTICS.
-where are you located?
-what is the fastest escape route?
-how will you escape? your car? is reliable? do you have enough gas? where will you go?
-how much time to you need to evacuate with your current setup?

I live next to a fresh-water source AND we have well water. Im also deep in the woods with multiple upper-level decks with good vantage points. My home situation is pretty good, but I do think about an escape plan. Currently, no ideas.

I'm done "prepping." We are always pretty well stocked.
Absolutely this ^

I have been honing my prep/stores since pre-9/11. I have it down so well it just is 'life'
I basically consume, and replace while shopping with an occasional bulk purchase.
Sort of a 'maintenance' of stores.

I guess if it needs a new label, I'd call it " PREP-MAINT "

I think there needs to be more emphasis on LOGISTICS.
-where are you located?
-what is the fastest escape route?
-how will you escape? your car? is reliable? do you have enough gas? where will you go?
-how much time to you need to evacuate with your current setup?

I live next to a fresh-water source AND we have well water. Im also deep in the woods with multiple upper-level decks with good vantage points. My home situation is pretty good, but I do think about an escape plan. Currently, no ideas.
Forget the escape route and concentrate on hunkering down, get to know other neighbors who are prepping and formulate a plan, so I'm told.

I store water in my well. When I bought the house, it had a new well put in. Part of the test was to run the well for 48 hours straight. It passed that no problem.

I want to know what people are going to use all this alcohol (not drinking kind) for. I have a couple bottles since forever, but for the life of me don't use it really for much of anything other than to clean up a scrape or disinfect a needle for popping a blister.

I store water in my well. When I bought the house, it had a new well put in. Part of the test was to run the well for 48 hours straight. It passed that no problem.

I want to know what people are going to use all this alcohol (not drinking kind) for. I have a couple bottles since forever, but for the life of me don't use it really for much of anything other than to clean up a scrape or disinfect a needle for popping a blister.

Reloading lube, emergency surgery disinfection, stove fuel, hand sanitizer ingredient, sharpie ink removal, alcohol lamp fuel,........thats for isopropyl alcohol.

If you buy 190 proof grain alcohol, you can use it for all of the above AND use it to make medicinal tinctures and various other beverages.

Last edited:
i spent an hour this morning watching jim bakker, the televangelist. remember him? tammy faye...heritage usa...back in the day? well now, he's hawking, along with new wife, prepper supplies to keep you away from the coronavirus infected who roam the planet, and soon coming to a neighborhood near you. he's got 60 meal buckets that feature "chicken-like" soups and stews, thick irish oatmeal. how thick you ask? i guess you can add a half gallon of water to a serving size and eat it for days. bakkers wife said "yummy, we eat from the bucket several times a week!" yes, she actually said that. they sell a generator with solar option, a series of solar panels embedded onto a folding card table you can deploy in seconds to catch the rays. and lastly, he still sells that silver solution nose spray that made the news last week. the cdc, fda and ftc told him to stop claiming it kills the virus along with among other things, common flu and colds, achs and pain when used topically, dandruff when you spray it on your head and as a virus shield if you keep the spray bottle handy and spritz your surroundings. disclaimer: bakker doesn't say it kills the virus any more, but says it does "something."

ok, best yet, if i buy my prepper supplies from bakkers ministry, god will look down favorably at me and possibly keep me and the family safe, and send me the optional hand crank, a $125 option, for the generator. they didn't say if the crank was shipped from heaven or earth.

i spent an hour this morning watching jim bakker, the televangelist. remember him? tammy faye...heritage usa...back in the day? well now, he's hawking, along with new wife, prepper supplies to keep you away from the coronavirus infected who roam the planet, and soon coming to a neighborhood near you. he's got 60 meal buckets that feature "chicken-like" soups and stews, thick irish oatmeal. how thick you ask? i guess you can add a half gallon of water to a serving size and eat it for days. bakkers wife said "yummy, we eat from the bucket several times a week!" yes, she actually said that. they sell a generator with solar option, a series of solar panels embedded onto a folding card table you can deploy in seconds to catch the rays. and lastly, he still sells that silver solution nose spray that made the news last week. the cdc, fda and ftc told him to stop claiming it kills the virus along with among other things, common flu and colds, achs and pain when used topically, dandruff when you spray it on your head and as a virus shield if you keep the spray bottle handy and spritz your surroundings. disclaimer: bakker doesn't say it kills the virus any more, but says it does "something."

ok, best yet, if i buy my prepper supplies from bakkers ministry, god will look down favorably at me and possibly keep me and the family safe, and send me the optional hand crank, a $125 option, for the generator. they didn't say if the crank was shipped from heaven or earth.

That's an hour I'd have better spent on a walk with my dogs! 😆

@Uzi2 mr. 2, i'll put in a kind word for you when i get to heaven. it they allow you in, i'll be the big guy at the gates handing you a welcoming bowl of delicious "chicken-like" soup.

I got news for you he's going to be like the guy still explaining to St Peter how he got rich doing the lord's work.

Back
Top Bottom