• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

preban colt lowers

i have 2 preban colt lowers...one already has an upper on and the other im looking for an upper to mate to it

the problem is i'm not sure if just any upper will fit...i keep reading about small hole/large hole etc and im not sure how you can tell

i dont wanna spend $1000 on an upper only to find out it wont fly on my lower

the unmated lower has holes that look alot like my bushmaster lower...i never like to assume things but should i be ok with ordering any kind of upper if thats the case?

Does the upper from the first one fit? I don't know the answer, but I'd say you should call Colt and ask them...See what they say.

Also, if you order an upper that doesn't fit perfectly...Now you have an excuse to buy another lower [wink]

i tried the stag upper than i run on my preban bushmaster on 1 of the lowers and it fit...only problem is now that the lower is colt grey and the upper will be black...so now where do i go to get the lower refinished????

the other colt lower i have looks like it may have a different front pin though...instead of a push pin it looks almost liek a screw

massmark...$250 is way too much...ill just give it to ya hahaha

ive found a few more preban guns...i was thinking of buying another but not sure if i can justify 5 AR's

i was thinking of buying another but not sure if i can justify 5 AR's

Of course you can't... 5 AR's is totally unacceptable. I'll pick up one or two and then you can sleep better at night... [smile]

I'm thinking the same thing on refinishing and unless someone has a suggestion, I'll do a search. I remember reading about a firm that does A+ work. I'm looking at a very old pre-ban Bushmaster with a horrid paint job. If I buy it, the first order of the day will be sending it out for a strip-n-refinish, (I mean this puppy is fugly)....

Back
Top Bottom