Preban AR Pistol... does such a thing exist? But wait... there's more...

Last edited:
Pistols were uncommon, but they did exist in '94. Olympic Arms, for example, made a couple such monstrosities.

Certainly possible, but probably not common enough to call "plausible."

A private individual cannot manufacture with the intent of selling. They can, however, manufacture and later decide to sell. How much later is, in my understanding, undefined.

Seems like there would be CAR-15 pistols out there too. I think they date back too the 80s and maybe the 70s.

Seems like there would be CAR-15 pistols out there too. I think they date back too the 80s and maybe the 70s.
I'd believe this. I haven't dug in too deep, personally.

I like the idea of "pistols" as stand-ins for SBRs, and respect the benefits they offer. At the same time, I'm not getting a can any time soon, and I'm reasonably tall, so a carbine feels short enough for my needs. Maybe that'll change in the future, who knows.

I'd believe this. I haven't dug in too deep, personally.

I like the idea of "pistols" as stand-ins for SBRs, and respect the benefits they offer. At the same time, I'm not getting a can any time soon, and I'm reasonably tall, so a carbine feels short enough for my needs. Maybe that'll change in the future, who knows.

I like the pistol setup and I have a couple. I'm with you on the length of pull, I'm 6'4" and a brace can't be modified. I pay the tax stamp, under protest but at least I can add some length to most stocks. There are a couple of OG Professional Ordinance Carbon 15s on Gun Broker right now, Bushmaster bought PO at some point, those are def pre-ban.

There's a club for that: it's called everybody; we meet on NES.

What you've described is not how markets work. Our market in MA is not "free" - it has external constraints that artificially shift the supply-demand curve. Many of us would love to have AR-pistols at free-state prices; if what you're describing were viable, there would be tons of them in this state. You'll note that instead people are running fixed mags or moving out of state. Some are probably making other decisions for themselves, and many aren't talking publicly about those decisions.

Yeah, I detest my fixed mag abomination. And believe me I understand the market dynamics and the prudence in your words. I mean no personal disrespect when I say this but maybe it’s time we grew some balls and play the game they play with us. If not outright revolt against tyranny, why not step up to the plate and expose how nonsense and unconstitutional the laws are. I mean seriously, I’m not asking if I can violate the AWB, I am asking about the legal steps to circumvent it. If the state wants to engage in the tyranny of railroading me for doing something that is LEGAL by all definitions, then maybe that’s them signaling go time. My question is, how to be LEGAL by all definitions. To be clear, I understand that buying an 80% lower today and trying to pass it off as preban is NOT legal. I am NOT looking for a way to do that.

Again, I get your points, all around.

I like the pistol setup and I have a couple. I'm with you on the length of pull, I'm 6'4" and a brace can't be modified. I pay the tax stamp, under protest but at least I can add some length to most stocks. There are a couple of OG Professional Ordinance Carbon 15s on Gun Broker right now, Bushmaster bought PO at some point, those are def pre-ban.

Approx. same height here. I'm sure at some point I'll consider an SBR. For now, 16" is short enough. Maybe when I get more training, I'll change my mind on that.

Ian says the Carbon 15 was developed during the ban...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqRC6JyfB1U

That’s too bad cuz if you birthed it as a pistol you could go right back to one even if you changed it into a rifle.

go back 20 years. No one was considering AR pistols. Hell, people barely bought extra uppers back then. As mentioned Oly made one and everyone laughed. It’s only due to arm braces that have made pistols worth owning.

Back
Top Bottom