Preban AR 15

So Pre-ban (94) are transferable through a dealer or FTF?
ggboy

some dealers will tell you it needed to be registered in state prior to the 1998 ban before they'll transfer it but prebans are listed in the AW ban as exempt. FTF is fine.

You sure? I thought I saw in her enforcement FAQ that a lower is being treated as a rifle....

You can't be sure about legality when the judges are corrupt. So no, I'm absolutely not sure and no one else is. I'm just watching to see if it gets bad enough to move.

But per the actual law, any AR lower is legal to possess in MA for any non-prohibited person under Federal law, and I believe state law is silent about receivers.

You can't be sure about legality when the judges are corrupt. So no, I'm absolutely not sure and no one else is. I'm just watching to see if it gets bad enough to move.

But per the actual law, any AR lower is legal to possess in MA for any non-prohibited person under Federal law, and I believe state law is silent about receivers.

Unlike federal law, which explicitly defines a frame or receiver as a firearm, the operative portion of Massachusetts law relies on the implements ability to fire a shot, which has been judicially interpreted to include the ability to fire a shot after minor repair (which is generally interpreted to mean after installation of a readily available part, even if it is a major component (one case, for example, involved a bolt/striker assembly on Thompson submachine gun). Given that, it is difficult to know exactly where anyofficer, district attorney, or court might stand on whether a lower is a weapon or when possession of a lower constitutes possession of a weapon. (i.e. Is it when co-possessed with an LPK, a complete upper, some other combo of parts, etc...)

Calling the courts corrupt becuase you disagree with them is a non-sequetor.

People listing AR's as pre Healey ban, or pre 7/20 ban, are trying to hard sell their rifles and hoping to find a newbe that thinks they are getting something more special,
more rare, more legal than other AR"s.

A bunch of mall ninjas. Really! I have 2 pre ban Colt, AR's that are certainly "not" sub par quality. Can't speak for your post ban AR's, but I do know that if you have occasion to fire your post ban AR, in the dark, in your home for protection reasons, you will be absolutely blind after the first shot. Not very advantageous to follow up shots. I paid a premium for sure. Not only can I have whatever features that I desire, but, more importantly, I'm not worried if I decide to buy, or sell pre ban AR's. If you can't say the same things that I just said, only an idiot would refer to pre ban owners as mall ninjas.

Last edited:
So sodoes "preban " now mean pre 1994 or 1998 as regards FTF sales?
If so how do you find the date if you do not have the paperwork?
ggboy

I think people are listing them as pre july just to try to prevent getting a knock on their door, or maybe to prevent someone on here from pulling their ad.

has our AG put out a statement that FTF sales of licensed citizens of the commonwealth are OK?
from here statements and what I seen on a few shows her interpretation of the law is that any and all AW including her definition of a copy where all illegal post 1998. This from what I understand her saying is the only "legal" AW is one in which you had in possession pre sept 13 1994 ....... Nothing on the AWB list or even her List could have been transferred after 1998 so would that not leave her to define anything transferred now is illegal?

Crazy shit....... I would imagine since she has already made us felons in waiting whats the big deal to toss on a few more charges if she decides to real us in...
I do have a few ARs I don't use at all and would not mind selling them to those that might...

has our AG put out a statement that FTF sales of licensed citizens of the commonwealth are OK?
from here statements and what I seen on a few shows her interpretation of the law is that any and all AW including her definition of a copy where all illegal post 1998. This from what I understand her saying is the only "legal" AW is one in which you had in possession pre sept 13 1994 ....... Nothing on the AWB list or even her List could have been transferred after 1998 so would that not leave her to define anything transferred now is illegal?

Crazy shit....... I would imagine since she has already made us felons in waiting whats the big deal to toss on a few more charges if she decides to real us in...
I do have a few ARs I don't use at all and would not mind selling them to those that might...
Any of them pre-94 ban? If so, what's your price?

How I read the "enforcement notice" is that if you possess a "copy or duplicate" from post the 94 AWB, you can only transfer it to a person who lives in a state where they are "legal."

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Ya I would honestly have the same exact setup in a free state. Nice sturdy fixed stock, good comp, and no bayo lug. Can't justify the crazy cost of a preban lower for features I won't use just to say I have one.

Ya I would honestly have the same exact setup in a free state. Nice sturdy fixed stock, good comp, and no bayo lug. Can't justify the crazy cost of a preban lower for features I won't use just to say I have one.
My only option, due to recent law enforcement overreach, is a preban rifle. Sucks to be me.

Guess I'll just go with the specifically exempted Mini 14 and switch out the stock with an extra-killy black aftermarket one with a pistol grip and some pre-ban 30 rounders.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Colt changed some of thier recivers 74? so some of new uppers may not fit.
THe pins are different.
ggboy
The Colt Sporter 2 lower that I own needs an offset pin for the front in order to use my upper for it. Worst part about it is that the rail system I have mounted won't allow it to pivot properly so I need to unscrew the front pin to breakdown the rifle for cleaning.

I have a chance To buy a complete preban bushmaster AR but haven't done my research yet as I just got a call about it. Any advice on what's a decent buying price? I have only looked at lowers a few years ago and never a complete Rifle.

I have a chance To buy a complete preban bushmaster AR but haven't done my research yet as I just got a call about it. Any advice on what's a decent buying price? I have only looked at lowers a few years ago and never a complete Rifle.
Honestly it's what ever you two agree upon...
i bought a complete colt lower in 2013 for 900

Back
Top Bottom