Pre ban or post ban?

Related,

I have seen 9 round .40 mags with LE/MIL markings....what the hell is the status of those?

These are perfectly fine. I suggest you check the mags. LE/Mil markings were made during the 94 to 04 federal ban. But they weren't applied to mags that held 10 or fewer rounds. (Like a 10 rd G26 mag or 9 round g27 mag which I think you are referring to)

Bottom line is that le/mil markings mean nothing other than that it shows the mags were made after 94. You can possess marked mags as long as they are compliant.

When the federal ban sunsetted, le/mil marked mags flooded the market in CT and we all bought them up because they were cheap. When you are shooting IDPA and like to arrive at matches wit 15 mags already loaded, the discount is appreciated.

Exactly what I did. And the only downside is that the slide doesn't lock back when empty. But if I'm not carrying a spare mag, this is not a problem.

That's interesting as mine locks back when the u-notch mag is empty. If I carried the G19 for a CCW, I would use the pre-ban square notch mag anyway.

Like I said above. I prefer the U notch for carry because I'm LH and it stays in the gun if the mag release is accidentally pressed.

The follower I used is marked #6. It originally came from a standard capacity Gen4 mag I had in CT. Once I knew it worked I bought a 3 pack from Brownells. Actually, my "rebuild" included the follower and the spring from a new mag. Once I knew it worked, I replaced the spring with a Wolf. The original spring from the U notch mag had about 35% less free length than the new Wolff or new OEM Glock springs.

Don

Back
Top Bottom