PPC?

Knob Creek

NES Member
Someone asked me yesterday if there are any clubs running PPC. It was big years ago but died out. Too bad, it was good at promoting accuracy out to 50 yards.

Carpet scraps were used as shooting mats for the prone stage, and were stored in the leftmost lane. Each shot would cause a delightful puff of dust in your face.

That's just for stages with planned prone, not stages where someone might choose to go prone to gain a competitive advantage....and a health disadvantage

NRA PPC is for police officers only, hence the name Police Pistol Combat.
Mystic Valley used to do ppc matches for the unwashed but stopped due to low turnout.
Unfortunate because ppc is an all around shooting game, WHO, SHO, kneeling, sitting, prone, and offhand (standing).

NRA PPC is for police officers only, hence the name Police Pistol Combat.
Mystic Valley used to do ppc matches for the unwashed but stopped due to low turnout.
Unfortunate because ppc is an all around shooting game, WHO, SHO, kneeling, sitting, prone, and offhand (standing).

I believe the NRA has allowed civilian shooters for a few years. I will verify that.

Informal PPC matches used to be held in lots of places, Mystic Valley was one. It is not illegal for them to be held.
As I originally stated, it is a good all around game and should be shot more. It is just unfortunate that most clubs don't hold matches due to low turnout.
The reason for the low turnout may be closed matches (members only), poor advertising, not enough notice, poor scheduling or schedule conflicts.
My vote is for scheduling conflicts, who wants to shoot a match that is an hour or more away from home and may take 2 hours to shoot on a work night?
I find that clubs try stuff for a little while and if they don't get a big turnout or a few members are inconvenienced, stuff gets cancelled.
It is especially true when an event is open to nonmembers and the club is closed for a couple of hours inconveniencing the three members who for some reason can't use the facilities any other time.

Back
Top Bottom