Potential New Product: Intelligent Tactical System

Looking for some feedback as I build a prototype of a new product I plan on selling. I am fed up with my current job and need to find a way out. This is how I plan on doing just that. As I get closed to a final build I would like to meet some local guys to get some first hand feed back with it.

A quick description of it is as follows:

The main focus of this system would be a deployable sensor network. Motion sensors, camera's, etc... This system would mount to a persons rifle. I has a color display and pivots to fold in to the weapon or change its angle. It's equipped with 50 channel GPS, Wireless encrypted network, compass, and microprocessor. I'm looking into getting a custom waterproof enclosure made for it with a pivot mount for a weaver rail. The target customer would be military, SWAT, police etc... But a cheaper model would be made for paintball/airsoft enthusiasts (mostly to fund more projects).

Each Team Member will have a command unit with an OLED graphic display, GPS, digital Compass, and Encrypted Mesh Networking unit. They will also have sensors with various capabilities. Passive motion detection being the most basic capability. X-Band motion detection through walls, ionizing radiation detection, and CMOS Camera are all add-on options. Also, a relay option in each sensor to trigger a smoke grenade and other items will be possible.

The command unit will track the location of team members, and the status and location of sensors placed in the field. As a unit clears an urban environment, these sensors will add intelligence gathering capabilities. Early notification of movement, and the ability to view camera footage from the sensors to ascertain the threat will add to the tactical advantage of a team.

The command units will also have the option of a Polar heart rate sensor to monitor other team members stress and status, aiding in assistance and general awareness of team wellbeing.

Each Sensor has an ideal range of 1-mile. However, Each unit can be used to route information to the command node that could ultimately be 3 miles away or in a metal building with attenuated signal reception. A 900-mhz option is abvailable for an increased range of 15-miles.

I set up a web page template with a Description of the system and pictures of what I have built so far.
http://intelligenttacticalsystems.com

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. However, if you feel your suggestions merits a cut in this project, I would rather you keep it to yourself. I've already had a couple people suggest they have "Great" killer ideas for it, but will only tell me if I let them in on it. I've already invested many months and alot of money on this; and slowly as I make money at work am looking to get this finished for demos.

Thank,
Dan

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom