• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Posting pics on a thread

OK, Could someone explain the method to post pics from a desktop to a thread, normally I copy and paste but am unable to do that here. When you click on the "insert image" icon it asks for a URL to post, my desktop is not a URL. Is there something I'm missing, (OK, loaded question), there has to be an easier way!!??
Thanks All

You have 2 options:

1) You can sign up for a free photo sharing account somewhere. The most common is www.photobucket.com. With your free account there you can upload pictures from your desktop and then from there get the URL to use here.
2) You can use the "manage attachments" tool here on the forum which will allow you to upload to the boards. This may be for green members only which is why I recommended it second. You can find the manage attachments after you click "Go advanced" when replying.

Another way to host images is to find out if your internet provider offers you any web space. My cable company provides 20MB of online hosting as part of its basic package. I upload any images to it and "host" them from there.

Back
Top Bottom