post trump, covid vax family relations: conservatives vs liberals

have you all resolved your differences or still separated and at each others throats. it's been the 7th yr since i got banned, and kicked out of the family and fortune by my liberal side. all it took was a trump vote and being unvaxed. my wife's family is still ok

Last edited:
wife's family had a bunch of blow ups about trump, trans, woke BS and there is a definite divide.
However, they roll like 60 deep at a family party, so there's always someone who agrees with just about any point of view.
It is easy enough to avoid people you don't like, if you want to be around family in their case.

these political divides in our family are a classic example of hating the player when we should be hating the game.
when politics rips your family a part that just sucks

Last edited:
this happened

cop hater family member is talking shit about cops to a cop family member.
cop hater is mad about trans protests and cops clashing
cop says the protesters are wrong
cop hater says cop hates gays
cops kid comes out of the closet in front of the whole family
f***ing wild

I have a friend from high school. Complete opposite ends of the spectrum. 100% lefty.
We had a blow up about 25 years ago about meat of all things. We set our differences aside then and are still friends.
Never talked anything politics or social stuff since.
If that were to happen in the last 10 years, not sure we'd be friends. Current climate is so toxic people cant see past these things anymore.
Common ground is lost.

have you all resolved your differences or still separated and at each others throats. it's been the 7th yr since i got banned, and kicked out of the family and fortune by my liberal side. all it took was a trump vote and being unvaxed. my wife's family is still ok

Hold up. 7 years? So you were anti-vax before it was trendy????

Just some perspective. . . . your WHOLE family????? Do you think you might have been a contributing factor. What's the line? If you meet an a-hole in the morning, it's just an a-hole. If you meet them all day, you just might be the a-hole. No judgement. Opportunity for self-reflection. I have some pretty liberal relatives. I get along with all of them just fine despite both sides knowing how the other votes.

Hold up. 7 years? So you were anti-vax before it was trendy????

Just some perspective. . . . your WHOLE family????? Do you think you might have been a contributing factor. What's the line? If you meet an a-hole in the morning, it's just an a-hole. If you meet them all day, you just might be the a-hole. No judgement. Opportunity for self-reflection. I have some pretty liberal relatives. I get along with all of them just fine despite both sides knowing how the other votes.
download.jpg
it is them; they care about who does what. rabid liberalism, mostly all of them work as teachers in the public school system, said enough

Last edited:
I have a friend from high school. Complete opposite ends of the spectrum. 100% lefty.
We had a blow up about 25 years ago about meat of all things. We set our differences aside then and are still friends.
If that were to happen in the last 10 years, not sure we'd be friends. Current climate is so toxic people cant see past these things anymore.
Common ground is lost.
Lost my best friend and mentor over it. He's the type who knew all about Drumpf, couldn't have been more opposed to someone of his ilk and low character, but soon as it was between him and Hillary, oh well. Shame to see it happen.

I'm gonna go ahead and ask you to look it up.
My last name (the greek side) is no where near what they assigned at Ellis.
My Rich greek grandma didn't like my Scottish Canuck grandfathers last name, and required he change it when they got married.
Your point is effing retarded. And childish. And indicative of the complaints regarding Trump.

Common ground is lost.
Yep. I lost one of my best friends over left vs. right politics. We both started out conservative, but he turned rabid lefty as he aged. It was the toxic influence of his highly liberal wife & in-laws, his lefty town and a job that depended entirely on lefty government laws & spending... a killer combo that left him a pink panty-wearing lib. One day I cracked a joke about NPR and that was the end of our nearly life-long friendship. Bizarre, but true. :(

Back
Top Bottom