• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Post blizzard tactics

Chris M.

NES Member
C'mon, we got a few days left of smokepole [STRIKE]futility[/STRIKE] I mean fun.
Think positive, think positive.
What's the game plan?
Man I'd love to get out even this afternoon - i guess before the next round of snow hits.
Who's getting out today, tomorrow?

Sat the other day and had a BIG owl perch a few yard away from me.
Scary how quiet it was.

I went for a walk this morning I say walk but it was more like a death march. I have all my stuff packed away to move and it just so happens I packed my snow shoes up too......Either way I didn't see any depressions of old tracks and nothing new. I threw the ham scraps under my tree stand on saturday hopeing for a coyote but all I got was what I think was a silver fox(he seemed way to small to be a gray and wasn't a red).

I went out this afternoon and just got back in no fresh tracks was windy as all get out I was more worried about getting hit by all the falling branches. Hopefully the will be moving around in the morning back out first thing.

I went out this afternoon and just got back in no fresh tracks was windy as all get out I was more worried about getting hit by all the falling branches. Hopefully the will be moving around in the morning back out first thing.

Same here. Just got back. The western sky was clearing right about dusk. It was fun being out in the wind/blowing snow. The good-size tree I was leaning against was swaying big time. My peep filled with snow, even after precautions to clear the area it was resting in. Cleared it, still hunted a swamp on the way back. No tracks. Santa brought me a case of heat packets so I was plenty comfy. Hoping for some movement tomorrow before work. Good luck.

I went out Monday afternoon, wind was still pretty stiff in central MA, so I hunted a bedding area low and somewhat protected. Took my first muzzleloader buck at around 3:30 PM, 150 lbs. dressed. Keep at it boys!

Last edited:
Walked about ten miles today with two of my buddies in two different spots. Did not see any fresh tracks all day. Heading back out Thursday and Friday. Those of you heading out tomorrow good luck. Keep us updated on the increase in movement.

I went out Monday afternoon, wind was still pretty stiff in central MA, so I hunted a bedding area low and somewhat protected. Took my first muzzleloader buck at around 3:30 PM, 150 lbs. dressed. Keep at it boys!

Big Congrats! Pictures please :)

My frontstuffer has been sold and I've been living on my bow(which, again, needs to be restrung.) And I was wandering for a few hours on a WMA on the NH border in NE MA on the last day, tons of small tracks, but... nothing.

Time to switch gears and bag some pelts.

Congrats to all of you who filled your freezer with some late season goodness.

BTW, the more pics the better. Love seeing what you guys are taking home.

Back
Top Bottom