• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Poll about stopping shootings

The only thing that can stop an atrocity like this one is a good person willing and able to use deadly force (whether that's with a gun, a knife, an improvised weapon, or martial arts skills) to stop the killer in their tracks. Because of that, yes, the government and the politicians do have the ability to stop these types of atrocities, but instead they like to encourage these events by making it so fewer good people are able to employ deadly force to stop the bad guy.

Yes, in the sense that the only solution being proposed by the govt at this time is to enact more useless gun control that only affects the law-abiding.

If the govt would end gun free zones and effectively harden these soft targets, then MAYBE it would stop these shootings.

It is also within the power of the govt to stop letting people walk across our porous border and to STOP arming terrorists and drug lords to the teeth!

We have tried gun control for the past 80 years to make us safer and all it has done is make this country more dangerous. Einstein's definition of insanity at work here.

I wish I had not honored it with a click. Obvious click bait.

No joke. As to how to fix this, closing the border and closer monitoring to people that go over and get isis training would be my first thought. Possibly not allowing one to return from ISIS training.

"Are these atrocities truly beyond the power of government and its politicians to stop?"
Is this a yes, or no? Assuming the question is really anti-gun, I voted yes

yeah, I do not understand the question really.
OF COURSE the government can do things to stop this. such as 1) deport recent immigrants with any felony record or terrorist ties, 2) provide institutionalized mental health care for the loons, unlike what they do no...just mainstream them back into society to live under a bridge somewhere. 3) build trumps wall along the border. start shooting at the coyotes bringing in illegals.

But I suspect what they were trying, instead, to say was "yes, government can confiscate all of the guns and we will all be safe like bugs in a rug"

lol

Back
Top Bottom