• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Polish Honor Guard SKS

SKS Ray

NES Member
polishhonorguard.jpg

I may build one of these. I've seen the stocks for sale on a few auction sites. Its basically a highly polished Russian SKS in a nice laminated stock. Notice the handguard difference. Its got 4 ventilation slots instead of the standard 3.

wow, that looks like a really nice rifle.
i used to enjoy looking at the polish army soldiers. every time i saw a PKM on one of them, the guy was under 5'4! they always seemed to stick the tiny guy with the medium machine gun! they also had AK-74's and UZI's as their normal carry. nice guys.

Last edited:
ray arent the honor guard guns usually chromed? chrome sks is hella sexy!

Only chromed in some countries like the Chinese honor guard models.

chinesehonorguard.jpg

They're still out there for $600 and while I've though about getting one, I just don't have the urge to yet. After all... I'd have to shoot it now and then. [laugh]

The Polish ones do have an oval stamp with the typical #11 inside. Thats something I could so with a few punches but I'll settle for a close repro.

Biggest thing I've heard is crossbolt problems but there was a guy on the SKS forums that used a Polish button as a crossbolt mod and fitting tribute to these great looking rifles.

I'm waiting for him to e mail me back regarding specifics on his build. he did one for his wife who is from Poland and the rifle came out amazing.

i love the look of hard chrome and shiny wood...almost got an ak like that but figured id never shoot the damn thing cuz its too purdy...good luck let me know how it comes out

Only chromed in some countries like the Chinese honor guard models.

chinesehonorguard.jpg

They're still out there for $600 and while I've though about getting one, I just don't have the urge to yet. After all... I'd have to shoot it now and then. [laugh]

chinese honor guard rifles
499 @ omega. not sure if they are legit,but i have no reason to believe they arnt. Don, the guy aw OWS, is a good guy and keeps prices fair

http://www.omega-weapons-systems.com/print/

That would be one sweet looking rifle, of course the question is what kind of a SKS are you gonna use to build it.

That would be one sweet looking rifle, of course the question is what kind of a SKS are you gonna use to build it.

A clean Russian one. Hopefully I can find one in an aftermarket stock since I won't be needing the Russian furniture.

The Polish laminate SKS and AK/AKM sets are some of the nicest around.

I know a guy that has some of the Polish SKS sets if you need one.

wow, that looks like a really nice rifle.
i used to enjoy looking at the polish army soldiers. every time i saw a PKM on one of them, the guy was under 5'4! they always seemed to stick the tiny guy with the medium machine gun! they also had AK-74's and UZI's as their normal carry. nice guys.

That'd be the Glauberyt and Beryl (or Tantal).

You can see a few pics of some guys from PSK-1 in Iraq w/ wz.96 Beryl's on my site, contrib photo album 1, the last two pics.
http://winslowarmory.com/

they always seemed to stick the tiny guy with the medium machine gun!

The 60/240 gunners in every unit I was in tended to be short Hispanic guys. It really was a STRONG correlation. All the chapos.

I know this is an old thread, but I have a Polish laminate stock. If anybody would like to see pictures, I could dig it out..
I would, I'd even like to buy it necro god. Is it Random stamped, oval #!!? PAX

Last edited:
Pre Ukraine sanctions I was going regularly to Russia for work. IIRC the honor guards at the Mamayev Kurgan (Battle of Stalingrad memorial) had SKS's. A little hard to tell from my pic but LOL I don't have my reading glasses. Love that laminated stock on the Polish honor guard SKS.

2xjf6Pc.jpg

Back
Top Bottom