AR-15 Closed trigger guard lower

sbi

Anyone knows if other manufacturers other than Anderson have closed trigger guard? I kind'a like the closed one and frankly I don't understand why aren't they all...what's the purpose of 'building' the trigger guard.

Thanks.

There are a bunch of billet lowers with a "closed" guard. Just search around for pics.

I think the original idea was that you could poke the little retainer pin in to drop the guard so you could get a heavy-gloved finger in there.

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback.

Pardon my ignorance, but is billet a manufacturer? I see billet mentioned in several sites (Mega Arms, Sundevill, Bronwells) but I don't see a billet web site per-se.

Billet is sort of the byproduct of how it's made. There are 3 ways they are made, Cast (pouring molten aluminium into a mold), Forged (where the metal is slammed together to the rough shape of a lower), and Billet (which is essentially bar stock that is then machined down into the finished process).

One option you've got is Stark Equipment in NH. They make a really nice AR pistol Grip with integral trigger guard and optional sling mount. I have 2 and love them both. The feel is great, and the storage for whatever you want in the handle is handy. One holds AA batteries for the rifle with an Eotech, and the other just holds some matches, tinder and paracord, since it seemed like a good Idea at the time.

http://www.starkequipment.com/

There are also pistol grips that come with an integral lower trigger guard.I am currently using a "Stark" pistol grip of this design and love it.

Back
Top Bottom