Police take to social media to warn about 'faux gun' cell phone case

I don't know why anyone would carry shit that likes like a firearm, that isn't a firearm.

This needs to be quoted again.

The entire concept of this device is insane. You get all the disadvantages of carrying a gun, and none of the advantages. WTF?

Why not make a backpack with fake wires and a fake pressure cooker handle hanging out of it, just for shits and giggles? That would be pretty cool, right?

Where does what shit happen? Where are you so on edge that you automatically draw on someone with the butt of a gun attached to their cellphone - someone who may have a pistol on them but presumably not threatening others with it - and only by the grace of god not shoot them if you're lucky enough to make it out as a phone in time before pulling the trigger?

I agree it's not something I'd want my kid putting on his phone, but I think some of this outrage is overblown, and it's only furthering the hysteria these days around the mere existence of guns.
Detroit

Why has a cell phone case been causing a stir on social media, lately? According to some law enforcement officials, a case that looks like a gun is a dangerous product.
What if you use the cell phone case to hold a gun that looks like a cell phone?
CellPhoneGun640.jpg

hello this is glock.
dog-cell-1024x803.jpg

Related: anyone remember this doozy? [laugh]

<Cell Phone Gun>
We've heard of the traffic stops from hell
when the cop tries to clear the motorist's carry piece,
and either jams it irreparably, or shoots themselves.

Can you imagine a bad cop confiscating that cell gun,
and starting to punch all the buttons in a vain attempt
to erase whatever embarrassing video he thinks it contains?

P. S. Damn you and your on-point replies that pre-date mine by 47 months.

This needs to be quoted again.

The entire concept of this device is insane. You get all the disadvantages of carrying a gun, and none of the advantages. WTF?

Why not make a backpack with fake wires and a fake pressure cooker handle hanging out of it, just for shits and giggles? That would be pretty cool, right?
That's a thing, you know.

Most active hams in New England have met a guy that knows Star...

Last edited:
A very, VERY stupid idea for a cell phone case. Just what purpose could it possibly serve other than thinning out the herd?

You know, I used to be absolutely against these f***ing things because how absurdly useless they are. Hell I've probably posted in this thread my thoughts on them, but with that said- in the world we live in where OC panic calls out the cops and people get swatted at the park, perhaps these cases have a place.

The general public has less and less interaction with firearms and at this point the only thing people do know is only bad guys and cops carry guns and gun owners shoot up schools and churches. Meh, f*** that. If you're stupid enough to think it's a real gun maybe you'll put 1+1 together and realize you saw one and nothing happened.

On the flip side, not sure I want to be bullet fodder for the Barney Fife's of the world "putting their life on the line" so "they can get home safe at the end of the night" after feeling "threatened"

Why are cops complaining over this? I mean they shoot unarmed dogs minding their own business in the backyard, it's not like this cell phone case is going to make a difference to the world. Is the purpose to the comment by police a warning that they are trigger happy?

I heard a rumor that the NYCPD was the venture capital behind the cell phone gun case and helped bring it to market.

Project: “he had a gun”

Is the purpose to the comment by police a warning that they are trigger happy?
A "trigger warning", if you will?

I heard a rumor that the NYCPD was the venture capital behind the cell phone gun case and helped bring it to market.

Project: “he had a gun”
Also this sweet wallet.
Project: "The Amadou".

P. S. At the time of the shooting of Amadou Diallo,
one of the Guinean consuls to the United States was named...
...wait for it...
..."Amadou Diallo".

A fun factoid I discovered by total accident
while Googling the hell out of the story, back in the day.

You used to be able to see the counsel's name
in a directory of foreign diplomats accredited to the USA
on a web site owned by the US State Department.

The list has of course long since been bleach-bitted.

I've never seen this (coincidence?)
mentioned in an MSM account.

I assume it's a coincidence.

God forbid that the cops ventilated the one goober illegal alien street peddler
who happened to be a relative of a foreign diplomat.
God forbid that was the reason why the cops were put through the wringer
rather than because of the manifest injustice of the incidence.

Not to be outdone I hear Chicago Minneapolis is giving them away to unarmed women in their pajamas.
FTFY.

My uncle trained in the Chinese defense art of using a cell phone case. He's a 4th degree black belt. He is truly a Faux Gun Warrior.

Back
Top Bottom