• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Police Sharpshooter Accidentally Opens Fire At President Hollande Speech, Two Injured

not new guy

NES Member
Oops. Imagine how bad it could have been if he didn't have all that special training. This is why only the police and military should be allowed access to firearms, people.

A police sharpshooter accidentally opened fire during a speech by French President Francis Hollande, injuring two people in the process, AP reported. The incident happened on Tuesday afternoon in Villognon, Charente in western France where Hollande was preparing to reveal the LGV high speed rail line, when a shot was clearly heard in the background of event, prompting the French president to stop and look around concerned.

"I hope that wasn't serious," Hollande said nonchalantly after the loud shot rang out, before continuing with his speech at the unveiling of the LGV high speed rail line.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-...ns-fire-president-hollande-speech-two-injured

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Frenchman,
I'm sorry for what I wrote here about the French people and their nation.
Thank you for your service and for helping to make the world a better place.

Sincerely
Pete

Last edited:
"I hope that wasn't serious," Hollande said nonchalantly after the loud shot rang out, before continuing with his speech at the unveiling of the LGV high speed rail line.

I find it hard to believe a shot rang out, and the French president did not surrender.

[rofl]

He didn't even flinch really. If I was the highest profile dude in 100 miles in any direction and I was standing at a podium when a rifle shot rang out I think I'd be off the stage pretty quickly.

Faulty safety! Yeah right Pierre! I guess you can't say you were cleaning it on duty. Chump

He didn't even flinch really. If I was the highest profile dude in 100 miles in any direction and I was standing at a podium when a rifle shot rang out I think I'd be off the stage pretty quickly.
Seriously, this. Call me a coward if you want, but if I was the leader of any country, especially one that has as many problems with "displaced persons" as France does and I heard a gunshot, I'd be trying to get lower than a snake's belly.

All I can think of is that he saw where the shot came from and where it landed and immediately realized it was an accident, or at least not directed anywhere near him. Still, he was very calm and collected given the situation.

I think there was an incident where a US Secret Service agent had a shotgun AD.

No doubt just an accident for which no charges are appropriate.

Some sharp shooter, he didnt even take anyone out.

Au contraire. I think he got 2 with one shot.

According to Soud Ouest, the weapon’s safety mechanism was not on when a security services agent, located on a nearby rooftop, accidentally fired.

Although it has been confirmed that two people were injured as a result, there are conflicting reports as to who they were. Initial reports suggested the agent shot himself in the leg, although it now seems a waiter and a member of the LGV maintenance crew both received leg injuries, according to L’Express.

Well, at least he didn't drop the rifle and run!
Which is the typical French protocol![rofl]
I'd love to show you French protocol for dealing with dumbasses such as yourself. But then, EddieCoyle is going to throw another warning or ban at me, and tell me that I'm insulting or threatening. I'll leave it at this. Jackwagon.

I'd love to show you French protocol for dealing with dumbasses such as yourself. But then, EddieCoyle is going to throw another warning or ban at me, and tell me that I'm insulting or threatening. I'll leave it at this. Jackwagon.

I figured you might sound off on this one. LOL [laugh]

I am going to state this clearly, one more time. If this Marine had to make a stand, against crazy odds, knowing that it would likely be my last stand, the one NES'r I would want with me in a knee deep pile of brass, is frenchman. I don't care if I have to push his wheel chair to cover, or wait until he makes his way with a walker and I have to prop his ass up, he is the guy, and I have never met the man.

Why? Because as a young Marine, I had the privileged of meeting a few members of the Legion. Everyone of them was as tough as a SEAL but they don't think they are special. In fact, they know they are expendable.

Last edited:
They are feared all over the world.[rofl]

So, a gun goes off, Hollande clearly thinks it's a gun shot and his security people are swarming the stage??????? Something seems really wrong here.

[According to an initial enquiry, the soldier had left the safety catch off his service revolver and the gun went off my mistake.The officer was lightly injured, and so was a cocktail waiter who was standing close by inside the marquee where Mr Hollande was making the speech[QUOTE]

He left the what off his what and it did what???

yeah the french as a whole get a bad rap for cowardness, but some here should read up on the french resistance movement/fighters in ww2.

Back
Top Bottom