Police seize dozens of guns, silencers in Shirley

On Tuesday, authorities executed a search warrant at an unidentified Shirley residence and recovered "approximately 47 unlicensed firearms and 44 silencers" as well as "thousands of rounds of ammunition," according to a Thursday press release from the Middlesex District Attorney's office.

Code word for ILLEGAL..( Speculating )

NECN just broke in with this “Breaking News!” Story. Had the breaking news music playing in background etc. you would think the world was coming to an end.​

This is the pic NECN had.
Could be a stock photo from another bust. But this one in Shirley had 47 guns I guess.. so could be.
I count 45 visible firearms in that picture.

Shirley+ammo+and+weapons.JPG

Here is a better one. Notice how the the "scarier" "assault-style" black rifles are positioned differently to make them more prominent, while the regular rifles, that probably fire much more powerful projectiles are grouped together to the side. Many of them look like shotguns. I think I see a few "tactical" style shotguns on the end there with the scary black ones.
gunsseized.jpg

This is the pic NECN had.
Could be a stock photo from another bust. But this one in Shirley had 47 guns I guess.. so could be.
I count 45 visible firearms in that picture.

Shirley+ammo+and+weapons.JPG

But do the 3 hipoints really count? I'm curious about the number of suppressors as most of the rifles dont seem to be threaded (and i doubt any where sized for the shotguns)

But do the 3 hipoints really count? I'm curious about the number of suppressors as most of the rifles dont seem to be threaded (and i doubt any where sized for the shotguns)
Hipoints = Double in Mass, as they are "Saturday Nite Special" status. 3x if they have duct tape on the grip.

Some additional detail from NECN is as follows:

A Massachusetts man is facing nearly 100 charges after police seized a massive cache of 47 guns, 44 homemade silencers and 35,000 rounds of ammunition from his home this week.

Jeffrey Dusti, 62, of Shirley was arraigned Thursday on 47 counts of possession of a firearm without an FID card, 44 counts of possession of a silencer and one count of possession of a sawed-off shotgun. He was ordered held without bail. He is also facing charges of carrying a loaded firearm without a license and possession of ammunition without an FID card. The large-scale seizure took place after a search warrant was executed by the state police gang unit on Tuesday, the Middlesex district attorney's office said.

"The sheer number of weapons is striking," District Attorney Marian Ryan said at a press conference announcing Dusti's arrest. "As we look at the recent events across our country, now more than ever we have to be mindful of the risks of the proliferation of unlicensed firearms, as well as homemade modifications such as these silencers that make these weapons even more deadly and dangerous than in their natural state."

She said the reason Dusti had stockpiled so many weapons is unknown. Ryan said the state police gang unit executed the search warrant at Dusti's home on Great Road in Shirley around 3:15 p.m. Tuesday. When they arrived, they met Dusti on Route 2A out near his home.

Back
Top Bottom