Police Raid Mayors House and shoot his dogs

Brief summary (long read): Someone mails a box of grass to the Mayor expecting to pick it up before he does. The cops break down the door, shoot his dogs, and terrorize everyone...and feel justified in doing so?

It seems to me that an innocent homeowner with a gun is going to get hurt thinking he is protecting himself from a home invasion only to find out that the "bad guys" are the "good guys"...really scary.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/01/23/AR2009012302935.html?hpid=topnews&sid=ST2009013002471&s_pos=

terrible.

i keep in mind that situations like this are rare.

just like the shooting of the man at the train station by leo, it should not diminish what good the police do.

i hate much of the news because of this. they report the bad and leave out the good.

let's face it though-- good news is boring.

i feel sorry for that family and for the dogs. it is sad.

Last edited:
If I remember correctly, this happened a year or two ago...totally bullsh*t the way it was handled. For Christ's sake, they didn't even know he was the town's Mayor! So, they bust in without announcing who they are, without a warrant in hand, terrorize him and his family, kill his dogs...then lie about how they handled the raid...saying they were reasonable and restrained and that they were justfied in entering the house so forcefully because the woman screamed when she saw them outside the house. God forbid you get a box sent to your home by someone looking to traffic drugs. I guess you're just screwed if your wife or mother should scream at the sight of masked men right outside your house. They have every right to hold those cops accountable.

Last edited:
i keep in mind that situations like this are rare.

No

they

are

actually

quite

common

these

days

if

you

Pay attention....

And yes, it does diminish the work that good cops do. To say that it doesn't is like pretending that George Bush was good for the Republican Party. It's just fooling yourself. But hey, since you don't have any type of "problem" dog, you won't have to worry about it. Right?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom