• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Police-arrest-east-wareham-man-who-left-loaded-handgun-in-cooler-on-residents-back-porch

The dumb is strong with that one.

So far, no one has ever snuck around my home and left me free guns.

Many years ago when I lived in Barnstable, some kid running from the police in my neighborhood chucked a backpack full of money, drugs, and a handgun into my backyard. I wasn't even home at the time and learned about it the following day, when my landlord called me freaking out thinking it had something to do with myself and/or my room mates. Apparently the CC Times losers posted our address as the place where the backpack was recovered from. I never heard anything else about it after straightening it out with my landlord.

Not holding my breath, Let's see if he gets his year

Massachusetts is so effed up that something like this always makes me wonder if they will arrest the homeowner for possessing the gun and improper storage. After all, "the lawr is the lawr".

Many years ago when I lived in Barnstable, some kid running from the police in my neighborhood chucked a backpack full of money, drugs, and a handgun into my backyard. I wasn't even home at the time and learned about it the following day, when my landlord called me freaking out thinking it had something to do with myself and/or my room mates. Apparently the CC Times losers posted our address as the place where the backpack was recovered from. I never heard anything else about it after straightening it out with my landlord.

Something like that would make me shit my pants.... Either I could get in legal trouble for the objects, or the person who threw them there could come for me because reasons.

Yeah, Cape Cod Times can get @@@@ed with a rusty lawn rake. I still hold two separate grudges against them - one because of their leftist hate-mongering a few years back, and one from ages ago when I was stationed out there and one of their reporters was an unethical shitbag eavesdropping on a conversation between me, my Engineer, and some firefighters after they hauled a patient. The dude quoted a joke my Engineer made that was clearly not meant for outside ears. My boss laughed - his boss did NOT.

Yeah, Cape Cod Times can get @@@@ed with a rusty lawn rake. I still hold two separate grudges against them - one because of their leftist hate-mongering a few years back, and one from ages ago when I was stationed out there and one of their reporters was an unethical shitbag eavesdropping on a conversation between me, my Engineer, and some firefighters after they hauled a patient. The dude quoted a joke my Engineer made that was clearly not meant for outside ears. My boss laughed - his boss did NOT.

I despise most writers @ the CC Times.

So, did you return the drugs? [rofl]

I despise most writers @ the CC Times.

Is there a good local paper anywhere in mASS?

I mean, we sadly get the Taw'n Guzzette. Now Taunton runs middle-of-the-road to conservative. Read the paper. The paper leans so left it's making counter-clockwise circles on a regular basis. The Op/Ed is just full of it. "Guest editors." Dudes and dudettes - you are just buying AP opinions you agree with. Not things that your READERS might agree with!

I'm pretty sure it's (Taw'n Guzzette) owned by the Patriot Ledger folks. Ditto for the Brockton Empty-prise and a few others. Basically it's a single paper with some local crap plastered on the front depending on what town you live in.

I know a guy that got popped for DUI. They found prescription pain meds in his glove box. In a bottle, with his wife's name on it. The Taunton Gazette reported he was in possession of heroin. Arrest report cited prescription opioids and he was not charged, but it ruined his life. The paper issued a correction, buried deep more than a week later.
Made a better story.

Back
Top Bottom