• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Pocket holster

I tried searching, but nothing definitive came up, so please spare me the song and dance.

I’m looking for a pocket holster that isn’t garbage. I bounce between carrying a Shield, a G19, and a LCRx. I carry the LCRx most often as it’s light and conceals really well. I don’t always have time or or the patience to put on a holster if I’m just running out real fast. Mainly because I hate IWB, and clip style holsters. So that has me leaning towards a pocket holster. So what say you, what has worked for you and what hasn’t. I don’t want to buy a piece of sh!t that isnt going to stay in my pocket when I try to draw.

Ive been looking at “Sticky” and Desantis. But Im only finding reviews that are one end of the spectrum or the other. Either they are “perfect” or “junk”

Thanks, stay safe and stay healthy

Superfly adds a square (ish) cover piece over the holster pictured so that the gun shape is concealed.
I tried one and didn't like it. I had issues with the shape of my pockets. The Nemesis just fit better and it doesn't print in my jeans or my dickies...
Also found that the Nemesis's 'open' grip area facilitated a more rapid and encompassing purchase on the J-frame's grip.
It felt much slower on the Superfly, and almost a need to regrip after leaving the pocket. Which is No Bueno...
YMMV

Here's a photo for those following this thread...
1587096288301.png

Last edited:
I think that that might be a photo of/you bought an earlier model Superfly. My holster's cover piece does not extend beyond the lower left portion of the Nemesis styled inner holster. It is almost square shaped and fits perfectly in my pocket. I got it for a Kahr PM40 but then I noticed my Glock 27 fit in and it fit in my pocket if I wore my fat jeans. [laugh]
Edit: I suppose its shape (square and minimalist vs. larger and rectangular) might also depend on the model of the pistol that it is designed for.

Attachments

• IMG_0900.JPG
    IMG_0900.JPG
    361.2 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
I carry a sig 938 and a kahr PM9 both in Alabama pocket holsters. They are awesome, great retention yet are very easy to draw.

^this
alabama holster makes the finest pocket kydex
theyre not the quickest to ship but they are the best

ive used desantis nemesis as well. Very comfortable but no retention and bulky compared to an Alabama.

I use the Boraii eagle holster for a j frame. I like it but if i bought another i would pay a little more and either get the alabama holster or the aholster backbone. The boraii eagle is super minimal which i like, but also seems to print more than id like.

I used a nemesis with my shield and the padding on both sides was too bulky for me.

Some sort of no-name stitched leather with the pant hook on it, maybe a Galco, no idea. Does its job.
Those desantis look nice. 🤓

Raven VanGuard 2. Tie off the tether, rock on.

R90A2862__30158.1493147492.jpg

I think that that might be a photo of/you bought an earlier model Superfly. My holster's cover piece does not extend beyond the lower left portion of the Nemesis styled inner holster. It is almost square shaped and fits perfectly in my pocket. I got it for a Kahr PM40 but then I noticed my Glock 27 fit in and it fit in my pocket if I wore my fat jeans. [laugh]
Edit: I suppose its shape (square and minimalist vs. larger and rectangular) might also depend on the model of the pistol that it is designed for.
Your Superfly looks like it has, over time, molded to the shape of your pocket, which is a good thing.
Op should try the Superfly first. It will most likely fill the bill...

Ive used a Desantis nemesis for years with no complaints.

Semi related possibly, but I use a Sticky double mag holster in my other pocket for pepper spray and a spare mag for a Kahr PM9. Ive had issues with the mag sliding out of the holster a couple of times. Granted its a PM9 so its a thin, single stack, 9mm mag. No experience using a Sticky holster for a pistol though.

I've been satisfied with a Mika's Pocket Holster for my j frame. It sticks firmly in my pocket and is easy to draw out the firearm.
Mika for the last 2 years with a BG 380. Get both pocket shapes, it does make a difference.
I'm another huge fan of Bob Mika's holsters. Mika's Pocket Holsters

I've used them for a couple of pocket guns that I've carried over time.

How about this one? You can make it at home for $10.00 with a leather working kit! Then it’s a $200 tax stamp for manufacturing an AOW. Holes cost money is the lesson to learn here.

1587134218349.jpeg

I have an uncle mikes that I’ve used for a BG380, G43, and Sig 365. Cheap and has worked fine for me.

OP, I guess the take away is: There are a lot of good holsters out there. Start with one that is economical and well made and you can't go wrong...
~Enbloc

Keep the soft and pliable materials for storing women’s cosmetics.

Protect that trigger from accidental pull with Kydex or something similar. As someone else mentioned Vedder Pocket Locker would also be me my first choice.

DeSantis Nemesis/Superfly or Remora. Get on the Remora email list and wait for a sale. You can customize the Remora too. My Remora is almost too sticky. Usually requires some fiddling to get it all the way down in my pocket so I usually grab my Bodyguard .380 in the DeSantis. Remora stuff on sale is pretty cheap so you can always order a few and see what you like.

Back
Top Bottom