Pocket holster

I like my Kramer Leather pocket holster for my J frame S&W. They sew a square piece of Kydex on to breakup the outline of the holster. Makes it look like a wallet or phone or something like that.

When in a rush or when I feel like it, I just use an IWB Kydex holster in my pocket, so let's call it an IP (inside pocket) holster. Yes, the metal clip shows (don't care) but holds when removing the firearm.

How about this one? You can make it at home for $10.00 with a leather working kit! Then it’s a $200 tax stamp for manufacturing an AOW. Holes cost money is the lesson to learn here.

View attachment 349182
I remember there was a guy that was making those and selling them at flea markets ,everyone that had a Raven 25 myself included carried one in our back pocket. Damn I miss the 80s

I remember there was a guy that was making those and selling them at flea markets ,everyone that had a Raven 25 myself included carried one in our back pocket. Damn I miss the 80s

I have one! I think the final ruling from the ATF was it only needed a stamp if you were going to fire from the holster.

I have the Desantis nemesis and the superfly. They're both good but overall I prefer the Nemesis. I believe you can take off the flap of the Superfly and it becomes like the Nemesis so if you don't like it with the flap just take it off.

I asked them to extend the kydex to cover the slide release in my 365, they did so without extra charge, I love this thing.

I asked them to extend the kydex to cover the slide release in my 365, they did so without extra charge, I love this thing.

The main reasons I like the Alabama over the Vedder (all my IWBs are Vedder) is because the flange on the bottom of the Alabama is a little longer and it's contoured a little better. The flange on the Alabama extends past the bottom of the grip while on the Vedder the bottom grip extends past the flange on the holster. Doesn't sound like it would make much of a difference but I found the Vedder would kinda go on it's side in larger pockets like cargo shorts or barn jacket pockets. The Vedder stands up straight and flat & moves around a lot more. Since I stared carrying appendix I don't do pocket carry in shorts or jackets anymore. Can't beat Vedder for service and Alabama takes 4-6 weeks min to ship and they're not easy to get hold of.

Last edited:
Well I picked up a Desantis Nemesis to start. We shall see how that goes. Gonna give it a go tomorrow when I head to my buddy’s house to help him with the final set up on his progressive press.

I tried searching, but nothing definitive came up, so please spare me the song and dance.

I’m looking for a pocket holster that isn’t garbage. I bounce between carrying a Shield, a G19, and a LCRx. I carry the LCRx most often as it’s light and conceals really well. I don’t always have time or or the patience to put on a holster if I’m just running out real fast. Mainly because I hate IWB, and clip style holsters. So that has me leaning towards a pocket holster. So what say you, what has worked for you and what hasn’t. I don’t want to buy a piece of sh!t that isnt going to stay in my pocket when I try to draw.

Ive been looking at “Sticky” and Desantis. But Im only finding reviews that are one end of the spectrum or the other. Either they are “perfect” or “junk”

Thanks, stay safe and stay healthy

I just ordered my second "MIKA'S POCKET HOLSTER".

I must say I am a fan of not only his pocket holsters; l but also the way he does his business.

Immediately after making the purchase online I received a call from Robert Mika,

thanking me for my order and discussing my order with me. Robert did this with my first order as well.

For ANYONE that pocket carries or thinks they might be interested in pocket carrying;

I highly recommend you watch YouTube videos of other satisfied customers AND checking out "MIKA'S POCKET HOLSTER" website.

I have a few holsters from Galco and love them. The pocket holster I use for my Sig 365 is protector series. They also have a Stuck-on-u, but I’ve been happy with my protector. $39 and save 20% with coupon DAD20 this week.

Just picked up this OWB concealable holster in Havana brown premium steer-hide. Forward cant at 3-4 o’clock on my waste. Guy at the gun range the other day said I looked like a Texas Ranger with my holster and my fancy Sig 226 Legion sticking out. *** Added bonus Galco send a copy of the Constitution of the United States and a few pieces of handmade chocolate treats.

Attachments

• 457D700D-75F3-4396-9840-10F1194CD72A.jpeg
    457D700D-75F3-4396-9840-10F1194CD72A.jpeg
    715.3 KB · Views: 4
Serious question: how can you safely and quickly draw from the pocket?

I have a beautiful pocket holster that never gets used because to clear the gun from a jeans pockets is like a wrestling match lasting many seconds. Do you wear larger slightly oversized pants with loose pockets?

I have a beautiful pocket holster that never gets used because to clear the gun from a jeans pockets is like a wrestling match lasting many seconds. Do you wear larger slightly oversized pants with loose pockets?
Its tough. I wear slightly bigger jeans and switched from being a lifelong Levi's customer to Carhardt's from TS which I think are a little better. Regardless, drawing from a pocket holster under stress is going to be a nightmare, particularly behind the wheel. I pocket carry at work because theres a no weapons policy in the contract and the couple of times Ive carried IWB have been not good, so Im stuck having to cross my fingers that Ill see something coming and Ill have a bit of a head start. Ive experimented with appendix carry a few times as well and was never able to make the switch. Maybe Im doing something wrong but I dont see how AIWB guys sit, stand, and get in and out of vehicles.

Same way as without the gun

But every body is different, and what works for mine might not for you.
Ive really tried but I cant make it work. I imagine it'd help with concealment, better access for me and harder access for others so I want it to work but so far, not so good.

FWIW, Im pretty lean, but have developed a little bit of a belly since transitioning to a desk job for the first time in my life. Probably nothing in most peoples eyes, but to me its something where there was not much of anything prior. Thought it could be that, or Im wearing the gun too high or too low, too far to one side or the other?

You need pants with pockets that are cut differently.

I've tried a lot of pocket holsters. Nemesis, Superfly, Vedder, Alabama, Sticky, PJ... maybe some others I'm forgetting.

I carried an LCR in a Nemesis for many years. Great holster but over time it smoothed out and lost it's stickiness to the point where it reliably came out with the gun.

Superfly felt bulky.

Sticky was just meh. Nothing special.

PJ was bulky compared to the other two kydex options.

I carried with a Vedder for a while and I liked it a lot. It's a close race but in the end I prefer the the smaller profile of the Alabama.

TL;DR - Alabama wins.

G43:
PXL_20230914_153852902.jpg

Ive really tried but I cant make it work. I imagine it'd help with concealment, better access for me and harder access for others so I want it to work but so far, not so good.

FWIW, Im pretty lean, but have developed a little bit of a belly since transitioning to a desk job for the first time in my life. Probably nothing in most peoples eyes, but to me its something where there was not much of anything prior. Thought it could be that, or Im wearing the gun too high or too low, too far to one side or the other?
This is why everyone has their collection of holsters, belts, etc., right? Wearing a good belt, at the right height, with the right gun makes all the difference.

I know my height makes a lot of this easier, and I generally really like the sidecar setup that I've settled on for the G45.

But now I'm distracting us from the pocket holster question

I don’t pocket carry a lot but when I do it’s 238 in a sticky (I think I have the size larger than recommended for it) and lcp in the pocket holster ruger included in the box. They’re meh, but work when I can IWB like with suit that the jackets gonna come off.

Pocket carry isn’t ideal, but it’s better than not carrying. With practice you can get used to drawing from a pocket holster but it’s not going to look like drawing from IWB/OWB….

Pocket carry isn’t ideal, but it’s better than not carrying. With practice you can get used to drawing from a pocket holster but it’s not going to look like drawing from IWB/OWB….
This. It would be a nightmare to do under stress but better to have than not have

It’s not bad. I spent a lot of time figuring out the smoothest most economical way. It’s by now means fast, but it’s smooth and it works. You’re just not gonna have smokin hot draw to first shot times.

While that set up is my edc, it’s still situational dependent. I have other pistol/holster combos I wear for different occasions.

It’s not bad. I spent a lot of time figuring out the smoothest most economical way. It’s by now means fast, but it’s smooth and it works. You’re just not gonna have smokin hot draw to first shot times.

While that set up is my edc, it’s still situational dependent. I have other pistol/holster combos I wear for different occasions.
Pocket guns are my wedding/funeral guns!!

When I pocket carry it’s almost always jacket pocket carry, that’s a very easy draw since you can have your hand on your gun inside your pocket walking around.

Back
Top Bottom