• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Please go easy

Urj

I recently picked up a SW1911 PD with the intention of doing all kinds of custom work on it to make it my project handgun. So far I've slicked up the slide a bit and started working on polishing the barrel hood.

Yesterday I picked up some Kingwood and Padauk to make my own grips. I started with the Kingwood and had time to finish one grip panel today. Remember this is only my first attempt at making these so they'll get better as I go along!

Here's a pic!

kingwood1.jpg

Thanks for all the praise guys. I truly didn't expect this kind of response! [grin]

Once I get a flawless set of these made up I'd like to have Si Vis Pacem Parabellum laser etched in gold along the backstrap side edge; I think that'd look pretty sharp.

As far as custom orders, I'm not averse to it, or even making a whole slew of different woods in a big batch. But at this point I don't feel the quality of the work is anywhere near where it needs to be yet; in short I'm a perfectionist.

Next weekend I'll make a couple more sets and see if I can perfect the system, I've also promised my dad I'd make him a new handle for his dive knife. After that I may be up for letting some of these beauties go!

Back
Top Bottom