please delete

I have a Seecamp .32 and would recommend one. They are hard on the hand to shoot and have no sights so they are best for only close quarters up to maybe 15 feet - which is likely the situation that you will be in when you need a gun. Odds are you will never need to shoot a gun in self defense but you will be carrying it all the time so I would focus more on what is easier and lighter to carry rather than which one shoots best at a longer distance. Regarding ammo, I've never had a problem with my Seecamp in 5+ years of shooting it at the range. It is the smallest and maybe lightest gun you can carry in MA and very high quality construction.

+1 never had an issue finding ammo. Its a pocket gun.

As you can guess, from my username, I'm a Glock guy too, carry my G26 everywhere, but in summer, shorts etc it's occasionally still a bit bulky, depending on exactly what I'm wearing, so in those situations I carry my SW 442 (airweight, +p hollow points) ... Only 5 rounds but at least I'm carrying versus praying.. And it's (or, I should say "I am") SURPRISINGLY accurate from a short distance.... and it's "tiny" enough to even fit in the "cargo" pocket of my favorite shorts...

ete6ebym.jpg

No LC9 fans here? I'm surprised no one mentioned it yet. I was thinking of picking on up.

I like my BG380, but......I would try the "long trigger pull" before purchasing. Hoping a trigger kit comes out soon

Check out Galloway Precision. They have have it. I carry mine year round in a Kusiak leather IWB holster.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
As you can guess, from my username, I'm a Glock guy too, carry my G26 everywhere, but in summer, shorts etc it's occasionally still a bit bulky, depending on exactly what I'm wearing, so in those situations I carry my SW 442 (airweight, +p hollow points) ... Only 5 rounds but at least I'm carrying versus praying.. And it's (or, I should say "I am") SURPRISINGLY accurate from a short distance.... and it's "tiny" enough to even fit in the "cargo" pocket of my favorite shorts...

ete6ebym.jpg
+1

I have two Seecamps 32 and 380, both great for carry when your not carrying...
You will know you are shooting the 380 :-0
I did have the 25 years ago that I bought at Bob Smith's, but let go

No LC9 fans here? I'm surprised no one mentioned it yet. I was thinking of picking on up.

I have an LC9. Love the size, hate the trigger. I picked up the Galloway upgrades recently but haven't installed them yet. Should make a big difference. In the mean time I've been pocket carrying a Kahr PM9 which I love.

I've gat a p238 as a pocket pistol n the things great,takes a bit to get use to the single action but it's a good safety never had any problems with it.... I got it to replace the bodyguard380 which I had no trust in after I took it to the range and had multiple feeding problems after a few rounds. That and it was a hard gun to handle with very small buttons and the laser was way off after 5 rounds

I wish I could pocket carry. It always ends up looking like I have a huge wallaet in my front pocket and looks horrible.

Same here! My only guess is that guys that can are on the heavier/larger size to begin with. I even tried when I had my BG380 which is almost the smallest gun you can get in MA, and it was still too bulky for me. I already front carry a wallet due to some back issues, so it's not like I'm new to having a little added bulk in my front pocket anyway. I still want a new small summer carry like the 938, but just for easier IWB, or appendix concealment with lighter apparel.

I have a Seecamp .32 and would recommend one. They are hard on the hand to shoot and have no sights so they are best for only close quarters up to maybe 15 feet - which is likely the situation that you will be in when you need a gun. Odds are you will never need to shoot a gun in self defense but you will be carrying it all the time so I would focus more on what is easier and lighter to carry rather than which one shoots best at a longer distance. Regarding ammo, I've never had a problem with my Seecamp in 5+ years of shooting it at the range. It is the smallest and maybe lightest gun you can carry in MA and very high quality construction.

Mine has been flawless and I also recommend them.

Thinking about trading my shield 9 for either a p938 or p238...

Is the p938 available in MA now?
I like the p238 for the smaller fit/form, but I just cannot imagine having to buy/stack yet another unobtainium caliber.

If you can find a Kahr p380. It's not MA Compliant, but they pop up as private sales and goes for a premium.

p380 > s/w bodyguard

good summer pocket gun

I
Pocket carry a shield in my jeans no problem

I love pocket carry because you can have your hand on the grip of the gun if somthing seems out of place without anybody raising an eye

Thinking about trading my shield 9 for either a p938 or p238...

Is the p938 available in MA now?
I like the p238 for the smaller fit/form, but I just cannot imagine having to buy/stack yet another unobtainium caliber.

It is "available" now in MA in theory, but finding one in stock is another story. That being said, I'm on the list at a LGS for one. It is twice as expensive as your shield hough, in case you didn't know...

The P938 was great for me. Lightweight and fits just about anywhere. Good for 25 feet all day long, just watch certain hollowpoint ammo

When you say "was great for me", does that mean that you sold it? If so, why? Just curious because I'm considering one of these as soon as my lgs can get them in.

Back
Top Bottom