• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

please delete

cdust666

NES Member
Hello all i have a g27 i carry all the time. With summer coming i want a small lightweight gun ive had a khar pm 9&40 both game me problems. Anyone have a sig 938 and what are your thoughts on this gun or any suggestions. Thank you

Last edited:
I can't remember if they're GTG in MA but I like the Sig P290. I'm used to the DA/SA Sigs, but the P290, despite being a DAK/DAO, or whatever they call it at Sig, is a pretty nifty piece for summer carry.

Seecamp .380

40568_01_seecamp_lws_380_640.jpg

I am hearing a lot about the seecamp. Can you give me some pros n cons. Looking for a summer carry also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since you were not a fan of the PM9, the p938 might be a good option (considering size / caliber / price / quality).
However, if you are somewhat neurotic like myself, the single action trigger + external safety might driver you crazy. I briefly had a 238 (before 938 was available) and was always checking the safety to make sure it was on. Can’t be too careful when pocket carrying. That being said, the safety is very "positive"

I am hearing a lot about the seecamp. Can you give me some pros n cons. Looking for a summer carry also

they are finicky with ammo the last i heard. a friend owned one as recently as maybe two or so years ago and he confirmed this.

Pros:
Small
Nicely made

Cons:
32 ACP- Seecamps 380's are hard to find and I imagine they are painful to shoot
No sights-Not a practical problem in a defensive situation, but at the range it's nice to have sights.
Price-Not too bad, but more than other pocket pistols.

I tried a friend's Seecamp and like it, but went with a S&W Bodyguard 380 because it's 380 ACP, cheaper and weighs the same. I carry in in a Hedley wallet holster. I'd also look into the Ruger LCP.

I also like a S&W j frames, though I find them a little too big for pants pocket carry. They are ideal of jacket pocket carry.

Daveyburt i had nothing but ftf,fte,and stovepipes after break in period sent it back 3 times still had problems finally they sent me a new gun and i sold it.

they are finicky with ammo the last i heard. a friend owned one as recently as maybe two or so years ago and he confirmed this.

Not sure about the .380 model, but I have the .32 model and definitely finicky with FMJ ammo. Basically only flat-nose ammo works (WWB) for FMJ. JHP also work. The ball-tip ammo is too long to fit in the chamber and you get very frequent jamming.

Still a good carry as it fires JHP rounds fine and the frame is super small so good for deep concealment.

Personally I prefer to pocket carry a PM9 or a G26 as I am far more accurate at 25' with those than the Seecamp. That said the Seecamp isn't designed for accuracy at greater than spitting distance. The fact that it doesn't have a front sight tells that story.

Last edited:
I've got the Sig 938, and love it more every time I shoot it. My Broth-in-law bought the same one, and love it as well. I've let a few friends shoot it, and have had no neg. feedback about it.
Picked it up from J&S Guns & Ammo. Last I checked, he had a couple more in stock: [h=3]http://www.jsgun.net/[/h]

After you pick your ultimate pocket gun you can find out actually how much lint and sand a supposedly clean pocket can carry. A pocket holster will help with this.

Also a loose pistol will wedge into the bottom of a deep pocket eliminating fast removal. Or fall out of a shallow one.

Pros: very small and thin.

Cons: very small and thin, thus hard to get a grip on them. Not fun to shoot. Only a 32. Sights are minimal and so is practical accuracy.

I had an NAA .32. Sold it and haven't missed it. I'd carry my 642 before an NAA .32 or Seecamp. The 642 is certainly a lot bigger, but it is a real gun in a real caliber.

Last edited:
Cons of the Seecamp?

-Minimal stopping power of .380.
-One-finger grip makes it hard to shoot and control
-useless much beyond belly gun distances

I can easily carry two SP101s all day--one in each pocket and hit a man-sized target at 50yards with .357

Back
Top Bottom